Ghost in the machine
I own a 1995 R100RT Classic. There seems to be ghost in the electrical system: I have a new battery, replaced last fall along with a check of the charging system, a mechanic recently replaced the diode board with a Thunderchild unit. All was well. Running great, charging well. Went for a ride Friday, Saturday morning the battery was completely drained. Ignition switch was off, other than the clock that runs when ignition is off, and grip heaters, I have no other farkles on board to account for a power drain. Is there an open circuit or bad relay somewhere in the system that is causing this problem? Perhaps the new diode board is faulty. Suggestions?