Thread: Aerostich jacket back pad?

Aerostich jacket back pad?

I just received my new Aerostich Darien Light jacket and was thinking about buying their back pad for it. I was wondering how many people that wear Aerostich jackets and suits have purchased and use their back pads?

Doug
    Doug
    '07 R1200RT

Doug, I have the back pad in both my Roadcrafter one-piece suits (original for cool, Lite for warm weather). Never had to use them yet, but feeling and knowing that they are there is reassuring. They do add a little bulk, but the suit still wads up and fits in the RT saddle bag. I recommend it.
    Ken E.
    2012 R1200RT
    '09 RT, '93 K75, '69 R60US and others long gone....

Ditto Ken E's statements. Thought I must, unfortunately, mention that if you gain weight the back protector does make the jacket a bit snug.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

I have the AeroStich pad in my Darien. The pad is unobtrusive and I believe it provides some additional protection.

After five years, I don't notice it. Once I put the jacket on with the pad not in place and the jacket felt unnaturally light and thin.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Hear that ticking sound? jnerges's Avatar
    I have one, you can have it. It is large. PM me and I will send it. I switched jackets and dont need it anymore.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jnerges View Post
    I have one, you can have it. It is large. PM me and I will send it. I switched jackets and dont need it anymore.

John
    Thanks John. I sent you a PM.

Doug
    Doug
    '07 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by Texpaul View Post
    Though I must, unfortunately, mention that if you gain weight the back protector does make the jacket a bit snug.
    Funny thing is though, that even happened with my jeans and T shirts and they don't even have a back pad.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by jnerges View Post

John
    John,
    I sent you a couple of PM's but they aren't in my sent folder so not sure they went through. Please email me at doug.baliko@verizon.net. Thanks.

Doug
    Doug
    '07 R1200RT

I had a back protector in my Darian jacket since 2008. Works great. I have put it to use and it does work.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

MotorcycleWriter
    It is huge and limits my mobility significantly. The armor in my Darien is so gigantic and thick I have trouble turning my head to fully check my 6 before pulling into traffic. Much prefer the lighter armor in my Santiago. No, it doesn't protect as well, but pulling out in front of a car because you can't turn around and see it is far worse.

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    I've had the back protector in both of my Roadcrafter suits. I also have the hip protection pads. If they're going to offer additional protection, I'm going to take advantage of it and add it to my suit. I don't notice it when I'm wearing the suit, unless I'm leaning up against a wall. It's unobtrusive, doesn't make my suit any smaller, and offers additional peace of mind.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold