Thread: oil on sale

oil on sale

In light of the recent article in the ON, if anyone is interested in a good deal on Mobile1 vtwin, I found it on sale at Oreilly auto parts for $8.00 qt. I was told the sale price was good through Wed. May 1.
    "Wer reitet so spaet durch nacht und wind -es ist der Vater mit seinem Kind" -- Goethe
    R1200RT, F800GS
    '80 GL1100

That's not a bad price especially from a retail store. Only about $9.00 per case over cost.
    Jason
    Grand rapids, MI
    2012 BMW R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by kthflieger View Post
    In light of the recent article in the ON, if anyone is interested in a good deal on Mobile1 vtwin, I found it on sale at Oreilly auto parts for $8.00 qt. I was told the sale price was good through Wed. May 1.

NOT! to turn this into an oil thread God forbid but I buy syn Rotella in "big blue"(go Wildcats!) jugs @ Walmart for much less than that if your being price conscious.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Keep an eye on O'Reilly for deals - a few weeks ago, they had Valvoline VR-1 20W-50 for $3.69/quart. They also have other Valvoline, Mobil, and Castrol oils. And they will take your old used oil.

O'Reilly Oil Sale

While not the V-twin blend, I just ran into a sale at O'Reilly's here in Corpus Christi this weekend. The 15w 50 Mobile 1 on sale for $5.99qt. Didn't need any, but at that price I picked up 4 qts. Supposed to be on sale until the last week of the month. Plan to purchase 4 more qts. for the bike plus the cars are due for changing soon.
    I know there are suppose to be additives specific for bike applications but the 15w 50 still meets or exceeds all manufacturers recommendations. At the intervals that we tend to change oil in our bikes,...well the additional cost for V twin blend is as much marketing in my opinion as anything.
    I've read many of the oil threads as well and have no intention of starting or engaging in another...just my opinion that the "regular" 15w 50 at recommended change intervals for our bikes is equal to the V twin blend.
    Use whatever you prefer and feel comfortable with in your bike. Just saying Mobil 1 is on sale for $5.99