• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

May 17-19th 39th Annual Great River Road Rally

Hey Todd, <did you know that if you put letters after one of these carrot thingies, they do not show up unless you quote the post? Me neither. P.S That Wezul!:lol

I'm trying to clear out that weekend to ride over from Iowa. I checked out the links on the rally page for info on good day rides (paved).....couldn't find anything. Could any of the rally vets point me in the right direction...trying to put together some route options for riding on Friday/Saturday?

Thanks for the help and looking forward to making the trip.

P.S. Just having a chance to win a jello mold or quilt will be worth the trip alone!

Mark

Well Mr. 51550, you sound an awful lot like Todd H, but how can we really be sure? *eyes narrow*

*eyes narrower* Well, you can't really be sure, can you? :scratch
But no, I'm not Todd H. You'll have to listen to me bloviate at the
awards, bwah ha ha ha...:blah

I'm trying to clear out that weekend to ride over from Iowa. I checked out the links on the rally page for info on good day rides (paved).....couldn't find anything. Could any of the rally vets point me in the right direction...trying to put together some route options for riding on Friday/Saturday?

We'll have a ride from the site leaving around 9:00 Sat - We also have lots of maps and routes at rally central. We are in Neat Road Central -ANYone who leaves a GR/3 underridden has themselves to blame...

Thanks for the help and looking forward to making the trip.

Thanks - See you there!

:thumb

Sadly, I have to miss this year...first time since the rally has been held at Soldiers Grove. Great rally hosted by great friends! Everybody enjoy, wish I could be there!

Thanks for the info...sounds great. Can't wait to check out all those backroads. Iowa riding is like playing four square.

Looking forward to it!

I ride these roads weekly, I have a cottage 15 miles from the site, any of the roads a great! But I love to go riding into iowa and play four square. I might have to come for the band and the beer bus? I have not tried the driftlees brewery! We should be in the wood Turkey hunting and morel fishing, but might stop in.

Attachments

• Bens Mushrooms 008.jpg
    Bens Mushrooms 008.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Bens Mushrooms 008.jpg
    Bens Mushrooms 008.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 57
Rapid_Roy said:
Well Mr. 51550, you sound an awful lot like Todd H, but how can we really be sure? *eyes narrow*

*eyes narrower* Well, you can't really be sure, can you? :scratch
But no, I'm not Todd H. You'll have to listen to me bloviate at the
awards, bwah ha ha ha...:blah
There is a button at the bottom of each post that you can click on, and it will attribute the person you are quoting in your post. You need to quote my Hey Todd post, and see the magic happen.

I decided that riding on nice roads is dangerous, and camping with old friends and old,friends, and laughter is stupid.
I am going to stay home this weekend, there is a Matlock marathon on TV.

I decided that riding on nice roads is dangerous, and camping with old friends and old,friends, and laughter is stupid.
I am going to stay home this weekend, there is a Matlock marathon on TV.

Whaaat? I'm actually coming for Friday, and Roy's "copping" out? Tell me it's not true?

The rapid one specializes in puns and sarcasm. ;)
And now back to our regularly scheduled idiocy.

Now I don't know what else to call it except double down there Bruce, but I know a little good road and nice weather would trump Matlock :)

Now I don't know what else to call it except double down there Bruce, but I know a little good road and nice weather would trump Matlock :)
Since I have never actually watched Matlock, it surely would. :lol
I have attended this rally for over 20 years, I very knowingly left the words "nice weather" out of my post, so as not to vex whomever controls it.

Since I have never actually watched Matlock, it surely would. :lol
I have attended this rally for over 20 years, I very knowingly left the words "nice weather" out of my post, so as not to vex whomever controls it.

Having helped put this on in everything from summery-nice to constant rain and low 50s (& everything in between), I'll dare to note that they're
(you know, them:scratch) positing possible t-storms Friday and maybe more possible t-storms Saturday, temps high 70s to 80s. I haven't melted yet - See yawl there:thumb

T 'not Todd' VH in MSN

Back