Thread: Windshield revisted

Windshield revisted

Now that i am down to 3 feet of snow it's time to start working on the bikes again. Last season i put an Aeroflow windshield on my GT. it works great under 50 mph. At highway speeds i experience terrible buffeting. I am 6 feet with a 32" inseam. I am now looking at the 7Jurock or Cee Bailey's 24". Does anyone have recent experience with these shields?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwaves View Post
    Now that i am down to 3 feet of snow it's time to start working on the bikes again. Last season i put an Aeroflow windshield on my GT. it works great under 50 mph. At highway speeds i experience terrible buffeting. I am 6 feet with a 32" inseam. I am now looking at the 7Jurock or Cee Bailey's 24". Does anyone have recent experience with these shields?
    CeeBailey 24" wide body due in this week for my GTL. I'll post my thoughts as fast as i can get it installed and put some time on it.
    "Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood. Make big plans: aim high in hope and work" - Daniel Hudson Burnham

I have a CeeBailys GT Medium on my GTL. Buffeting is less than stock GTL, but its easily managed by dialing in the windshield height for speed, now.
    ---
    Jess, Christine, and Tobi the Border Collie
    2013 K1600 GTL with a few Farkles and a home-made trailer (the boys' ride)
    2014 HD Street Glide Special (Hers)

24" wide body cee bailey windshield

Quote Originally Posted by bigwaves View Post
    I was able to get some time on the bike this weekend with the new 24" wide body Cee Bailey. I love the quiet pocket of air with this new windshield. I'm only 5'8.5" but with the height adjustments you can make there's no reason this shouldn't work as well for you.
    CB
    "Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood. Make big plans: aim high in hope and work" - Daniel Hudson Burnham

I have had the Cee Baily 24 wide on my GTL now for about 3 years. I am 6"3 and find it perfect in every way.
    Hope this helps, Tom

Cee Bailey 26" wide with vent

I just put mine on and rode it for a little over and hour last week. I had the wunderlich wing on the stock one last year so my helmet wouldn't get buffeted. Now I don't need the wing and I can notice the overall difference. I also got the cee bailey plexi cleaner and their version of 'rainx' safe for plastics. The cleaner works great. I'm assuming the rain repellent will too. Two thumbs up. 30.5" inseam just over 6' tall 2014 GTL

Correction, I don't have a CeeBailey, its a Aeroflow. No Idea why I said I had a CB.
    ---
    Jess, Christine, and Tobi the Border Collie
    2013 K1600 GTL with a few Farkles and a home-made trailer (the boys' ride)
    2014 HD Street Glide Special (Hers)

Thanks everyone for their inputs.

Beemerdude

GT/GTL windshiled

I have a 24" (cut down to 22") Cee Bailey touring shield on my GTL. 5K on bike, mostly 2 up, good air circulation for rider and passenger. works great in rain or hot weather. I am able to look over top of shield in full retracted position with little buffeting for rider or passenger.