• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1100RT Auxiliary Fuse Block Location

bobr9

R1100RT

Looking for feedback from folks who have installed an auxiliary fuse block (fuzeblock, pc-8, centech, etc.) on a R1100RT to see where they have located the device on the bike. Thanks in advance.....

R1100RT

Looking for feedback from folks who have installed an auxiliary fuse block (fuzeblock, pc-8, centech, etc.) on a R1100RT to see where they have located the device on the bike. Thanks in advance.....

I have a Centech installed on my '99 R1100RT and it sits on top of my air cleaner box.

JB

Does that work with the seat in the low position?

That would be my question as well, and did you have to do anything with the temperature sensor that is mounted on top of the air cleaner lid? This would be an ideal location otherwise.

Contact Hotspice (Tony) of Cyclenutz. He has a plate that uses the screws for the diagnostic port holder and angles toward the tank. I used one on 1150GS and 1150 RT-P and everything fits quite nicely.

Originally Posted by Paul_F

Does that work with the seat in the low position?

I would have to say Absolutley !! as I have my seat in the low position with the CENTECH mounted on top of the air filter box.
NOTE: should you mount the fuse box here, leave enough wiring from the battery to accomodate the lid when removed from the air box.

Here's a pic of mine......it also shows the external fuel filter mounting as well

FUELFILTER2.jpg

I would have to say Absolutley !! as I have my seat in the low position with the CENTECH mounted on top of the air filter box.
NOTE: should you mount the fuse box here, leave enough wiring from the battery to accomodate the lid when removed from the air box.

Here's a pic of mine......it also shows the external fuel filter mounting as well

View attachment 40005

Neat!! Thanks for the pic, very helpful. Where did you tap in for your 12 V relay signal? Bob

Where did you tap in for your 12 V relay signal? Bob

Bob.....the Centech Fuse panel on my bike is "HOT" all the time.......with that said.....all accesories wired to the panel except one, which is wired to my tank bag, are on relays which allow power only with the key in the on position. I found a switched hot wire in a bundle tie wrapped to the support strut for the front upper fairing. I believe it was for the radio which I don't have.

Left side, by the lift handle. Shown with cover removed. Runs fog lights, aux. driving lights, heated grips, marine amplifier for mp3 (no radio), pigtail for heated vest, stealth cloaking device and a few other things that I don't remember.

Attachments

• 20130512_104433.jpg
    20130512_104433.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 77
I don't think most accessory fuse blocks are waterproof, so keep that in mind too when choosing a location.

I don't think most accessory fuse blocks are waterproof, so keep that in mind too when choosing a location.

A valid point....thats why mounting ontop of the air box is such a good choice IMHO.....the seat protects the unit quite nicely. I have ridden through torrents of rain with no ill effects. A peice of plastic or the top of a yogurt container over the fuse panel can be added for peice of mind.

Back