• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dupont Sontara Aerospace Wipes for cleaning windshields

billy walker

BMW Rider
Just installed a brand new Cee Bailey windshield and one of the cleaning products they recommend is DuPont aerospace wipes. I am not familiar with them at all. Anybody have any real life experience with them?

Great

I used them during the rally and they worked great. I had that and plexus.

QUOTE=billy walker;874024]Just installed a brand new Cee Bailey windshield and one of the cleaning products they recommend is DuPont aerospace wipes. I am not familiar with them at all. Anybody have any real life experience with them?[/QUOTE]

So what makes DuPont Aerospace wipes different (other than price, I assume)? Better than a microfiber cloth and Plexus/Pledge/Black Lab All Kleer (my favorite for w'screens and visors)?

pete
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

I just use a sponge and a towel. On rare occasions just a drop of dish washing detergent. That's what I carry on the road, and daily get rid of a major part of the bug encrustation.
dc

Cee Bailey works with aircraft and expanded to motorcycles when they saw the opportunity. The product in question is what they know and I'd easily assume is better than anything from PepBoys.

wipes

We used these on our airplanes (DuPont wipes and plexus) all the time and they never scratch like our microfiber cloth, granted the microfiber works pretty darn good, just the wipes are a wee bit better.

I bought the wipes from Cee Bailey. HUGE pile for cheap. They are even washable, though I've just tossed them after a few uses.

Back