• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Anyone using BMW aux led brake lights?

Installing the P3 lights on my wife's C650gt, had some problems, emailed back and forth with Jerry for a couple days, discussing problem. Two days later received a updated controller in the mail, solved the problem. Seems the scooter uses a different voltage system and previous controller would not work. Fantastic customer service
PS since then have done another scooter with updated controller no issues at all, photon blasters on scooters are a 30 min install

P3's very nice:)

My GSA1200 see's a fair amount of off road and rough, so the P3s were recently just not working in programmed mode. Lights worked only in running light. Done this twice after off road excursions, reprogrammed it in 15 seconds and works fine. I'm not sure, but seems rough conditions of off road has turned my P3s program off in recent months. Love em and the reprogram(in seconds) has worked when I find the situation mentioned:). I've been thinking relocating the box, cushion it more:). Randy

You can use both the P3 or Hyperlites with the BMW Aux light because they mount in different places. Got that combo on both an RT and K-GT.....(Plus reflective film and added reflctors on the back of the side cases and topcases.
I use Photon Blaster and a pair of front mounted LEDs for conspicuity on both bikes.
Can't have too much visibility...

96 R1100 RT w/ BMW Top Case

Has anyone fitted LED Strips to a BMW topcase and wired into the tail light / brake light? Who did you use and was wiring pretty straight forward?

Has anyone fitted LED Strips to a BMW topcase and wired into the tail light / brake light? Who did you use and was wiring pretty straight forward?

I fitted LED lights to my givi case. I got a kit from Admore lighting. Works great. The wiring and LED strips came with the kit. If you could adapt something like that you might be in business.

It was very easy to install and has a plug so I can remove the top case very quickly.

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,041
I also have the Skene Design P3 lights for both brake and turn signal; picked them up at the Salem rally and installed them. Couldn't be happier with any light. These are shockingly bright and the flicker pattern is very hard to miss if you are driving behind the bike. Very cool

I bought and installed the BMW aux LED brake light in September, 2012. I was please with it until a couple of months ago I noticed it acting funny on a ride. The tail light would stay on for 20 sec after the ignition was turned off and 4 LEDs were burned out. Then, last week, I noticed the brake lights wouldn't activate. I contacted BMW Motorcycles of Milwaukee, where I bought it, and found it was out of warranty by 2 months. I give credit to Jason, the service manager. He pitched my case to BMW and they are covering the light under warranty. I'll give it another shot. If I get another failure I'll go wit Skene.

Joel

Skene is #1

I've installed the BMW auxiliary brake light, several hyper lites (6 or more modules of various sizes amber & red) and 2 pairs of Skene. The BMW light was first to go. As has been described elsewhere, it looks pretty while it works, but its weatherproofing leaves much to be desired. It died first. Almost all of the Hyperlites have died... a few diodes still work here and there. One of the Skene lights has lost a few diodes, the other 3 modules still work as new. Skene replaced the one defective module at the 23rd month of the two year warranty period. If I had to do it again, I'd probably still by the Skene plus install something like a Whelen emergency vehicle LED "head" below the license plate.

Owned about 6 bikes in the past 10 years and installed several brands of lights. I did buy and install the BMW light, it was fine. (Expensive, no surprise there).

Skene design, also good, and user settable blink pattern.

Presently, I installed Signal Dynamics license plate frame with top and bottom LED strips. I like the look of the license plate frame and the fact it's double strips of light. The BMW light is just one light.
Signal Dynamics has several options to buy, either chrome or black, and single or double LED strips, and with or without integrated turn signals.

I have just installed these LED panels in my 2005 R1200ST. And they are bright and CANbus error free as promised. Purchased them from www.advdesigns.net. They work like a charm and only cost $60 for the rear pair.

Front.jpg

Scan.jpg

Scan.jpg

Installed the Hyperlites just before winter. It was easy enough to do though there is wiring involved. It was a great time to add the ace tech fuse box anyway that was already in the plans. It also helped having a good friend to share his findings and tips on how to do this and where to connect.

I got the Hyper-lites last year on my '13 RT. I like them. The other day riding on the freeway a car was tailgating me. I activated my brake light and the car slowed down real fast. I wonder if he thought I was a M/C cop?

Back