• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

front wheel stand

cheap front wheel stand

Here is one that I made for my K1300S out of shop scraps, It works great, would cost about $5

Attachments

• IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 160
  • wheel stand.jpg
    wheel stand.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 157
Last year I found a couple MotoStance stands on sale for around $55.

Front_Stand.jpg

Tires2.JPG

If I only want to lift the front wheel a little for cleaning, I slide hitch pins into the hollow axle.
IMG_0226.jpg

When lifting the front, the back tire will just barely touch the ground, so I take the back tire off first when removing both, or place a thin piece of plywood under the centerstand. You can see the plywood under the centerstand in the first picture.

Pit Bull is a popular stand.
spitbullfront.jpg

Last edited:
I use the standard model Pit Bull. I got it for the RS in about 2002, and have used it on all my bikes since, it worked great on the K1300S in conjunction with the centerstand. My track bike is currently up on it in the front and another in the rear as I prep for my first event with this bike.

Home Made Stand

A little late to the thread, I know, but this home made stand was included in my recent purchase of a K1200GT 07.

Kind of rustic looking, but it works. Some folks are very resourceful!

Back