• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The MOA website is...well...pretty awful...

cjack

K Bikes Complex by Choice
I find difficulties trying to buy sweepstake tickets. And I find it Impossible to change my account details. Really disappointing to say the least.
When you buy the sweepstake tickets, there is no assurance of success. No email receipt. No change of the page you just made the purchase on. It was very tempting to click the purchase again, but there is a warning not too. Probably for good reason :)
Still, I would like to know if I was successful.

Jack #224

I think it's time the MOA hires a full time IT person to fix all the problems on the website and forum.

MOA Website

I find difficulties trying to buy sweepstake tickets. And I find it Impossible to change my account details. Really disappointing to say the least.
When you buy the sweepstake tickets, there is no assurance of success. No email receipt. No change of the page you just made the purchase on. It was very tempting to click the purchase again, but there is a warning not too. Probably for good reason :)
Still, I would like to know if I was successful.

Jack #224

yeah, that's why I mailed my sweepstakes in.

The post a photo of your oilhead forum has been stuck at 124 pages for several weeks. You can't post to it anymore.

Wish I could help, but not my area of IT expertise.

I find difficulties trying to buy sweepstake tickets. And I find it Impossible to change my account details. Really disappointing to say the least. When you buy the sweepstake tickets, there is no assurance of success. No email receipt.

I bought a sweepstakes ticket this weekend...received an email confirming that I had purchased the ticket.

The post a photo of your oilhead forum has been stuck at 124 pages for several weeks. You can't post to it anymore.

I just posted a test photo in the Oilhead photo section...worked as it always has. I deleted the photo since it wasn't an Oilhead photo. There should be nothing wrong with uploading a picture.

Note that if the picture is too big to start with, the system will reject the photo. It should be around 150kb big or 800 pixels wide or 1000 pixels high...those are the dimensions shown in the table describing the keys to the various formats. Also, it takes a long, long time to upload...be patient...not sure why but even small pictures take a good bit of time.

I bought a sweepstakes ticket this weekend...received an email confirming that I had purchased the ticket.

I just posted a test photo in the Oilhead photo section...worked as it always has. I deleted the photo since it wasn't an Oilhead photo. There should be nothing wrong with uploading a picture.

Note that if the picture is too big to start with, the system will reject the photo. It should be around 150kb big or 800 pixels wide or 1000 pixels high...those are the dimensions shown in the table describing the keys to the various formats. Also, it takes a long, long time to upload...be patient...not sure why but even small pictures take a good bit of time.

Ya, frustrating (and some times quite unintentionally humorous) and at times it makes one wonder why you are spending time here at all...... but we do. So, 'onward through the fog' and hopefully a full resolution is close at hand. Regarding pictures: I never load direct. Jeesh! I would go even further out of my mind if I did that. I use Photobucket (a few others around of course) and upload to that site.....copy.....come back over here and paste. - Bob

Well good for you. When I finished filling out the form and all the lines with asterisks, I clicked the purchase button, the screen blinked, and did not go away or change. I was afraid to click it again so as not to buy two $100 tickets. Then I logged on as my wife and filled out the form, paying special attention, and the same thing happened. What am I to think? If I didn't fill it out correctly, I did not get a warning as countless other on line purchase sites do...nothing...no warning as to what line needed to be corrected if any...nothing...no email.
That is not the on line purchase site that leaves me feeling comfortable.
So how about it? Did I fill out something incorrectly? Did my card not work? Did I buy the tickets? Should I have pressed the purchase a second time even though the form told me not to?

So how about it? Did I fill out something incorrectly? Did my card not work? Did I buy the tickets? Should I have pressed the purchase a second time even though the form told me not to?

Sounds like you did everything right. I wasn't there so I can't say much more. There does seem to be some variance with purchasing tickets...some breeze through fine, others hit roadblocks such as yourself. The only solution at this point is to call the office and find out your status. Today I believe is the cutoff for the early bird drawing, so if that's important, then you need to check with them.

Sounds like you did everything right. I wasn't there so I can't say much more. There does seem to be some variance with purchasing tickets...some breeze through fine, others hit roadblocks such as yourself. The only solution at this point is to call the office and find out your status. Today I believe is the cutoff for the early bird drawing, so if that's important, then you need to check with them.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed also that there is nothing listed in the "Product Catalog" and no MOA Merchandise other than sweepstake tickets. No t-shirts, no mugs, no stickers...etc. Odd.
I just checked my info against the purchase form and everything seems correct. Again. Also I have no "Orders" listed on the login site. Maybe I'll call.

I think it's time the MOA hires a full time IT person to fix all the problems on the website and forum.

+1, Gunny; I'm definitely with Lee and Jack, this "new and improved" MOA website/forum is really awful and we do need a full time IT person to fix all of the problems on the website and forum!

Hate to agree, but the site is terrible. Caption headings are overlaid and out of place. I've had all kinds of trouble getting logged in despite going through the 'forgot password, get new password' routine. Tried to purchase a Superstakes ticket yesterday and found the page unresponsive. Overloaded?

Just an update...I noticed a new Oilhead photo was posted today. So, it does seem to work.

Just an update...I noticed a new Oilhead photo was posted today. So, it does seem to work.

Sorry for the mis-information. Just seemed odd for that area not to have a post since April 15th. I should have tested myself. Everyone must be out riding.

Actually, I find myself not even wanting to return to this website anymore. First, as others have said, it is completely user unfriendly. Second, it has the look of something like AOL back in the 90's. I'm not an IT person, so I should not really be so critical. But this new site is a big step backwards. Anyone ever here of web 2.0?

I tried to purchase rally tickets for my wife and I and finally gave up. I mailed the money in. That was back the first of April. I still have not seen any confirmation my money was received or that I have tickets reserved. I guess we will show up and assume we are registered.

When I see the business reports in the Magazine, I see an organization that seems to have plenty of money, yet fails to understand even simple basic logic when it comes to a website and communication with its members. There is a full time staff at the main office. I would think they would be able to process rally applications in a timely manner and email confirmations back within just a few short days.

Just trying to log in has become a joke. And once you do log in, and say choose to go to the forum, you then have to move your mouse clear over to the other side of the page to click on the latest posts. While I'm not sure, I'd bet that most people go to the Forum and then start out looking at the latest posts. These two buttons should be located in the same general area of the screen so it does not take such an effort to get to the latest posts. Sounds nit-picky I know, but you shouldn't have to click on one side of the screen, then move clear over the other side of the screen to get to the most popular page.

So since the new site went online, I have all but written off this website. I check it about once a week at best. And I'm guessing that it won't be long til I just stop all together.

"So since the new site went online, I have all but written off this website. I check it about once a week at best. And I'm guessing that it won't be long til I just stop all together."

Sad to say those are my exact sentiments. Just not an appealing site to visit anymore. And as you can see I like to read in the middle of the night, but am finding it less appealing each time. Just my two cents. But, I do enjoy the hard copy ON magazine. They seem to have gotten it right there. Put those people on the website functionality work group and hey they just might get this thing fixed.

Its not even funny...

... how I feel about this latest screw-up! The monthly mag arrived yesterday in great shape; kept me from going on a rant about now.

"travel'in john
I was someone, then a number, now I'm confused... with no moa profile history?

...like I "joined" in April with 2 posts....

The listed rally events in the calendar are not totally in correct chronological order yet. I'm certain that this will be corrected soon.

Back