• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tank bag for F650GS?

Ron Morris

2009 F650GS
Good morning everyone,

Can anyone recommend a small tank bag that will fit a F650GS? It would be great if it was water resistant or had a rain cover. Not looking for a large bag, just something to carry small items on trips, like sunglasses, camera, cell phone, etc. Thanks in advance!

Ron

My wife uses a Wolfman Bag on both her F650s (single and twin). Checkout their website and I'll wager you find a size to suit you.

Thanks guys, I will give the web sites a look and see what I like. Small is better in my book, the Jesse panniers and top box can home the larger stuff. Thanks again!

Ron

I went with the Cortech Super Mini and it came in today. I loved the way the straps went around the neck of the bike, it almost looks factory made. The thing I couldn't figure out is the strap in the back that supposedly goes to the frame under the seat. I couldn't find any place to hook it that it wouldn't interfere with the seat being locked down. I finally put it on without the back strap and it seems to hold fine that way. I was curious how the ones that have this same bag have attached the back strap. I think I am really going to like the bag, it is the size I wanted.

Ron

I couldn't find any place to hook it that it wouldn't interfere with the seat being locked down. I finally put it on without the back strap and it seems to hold fine that way. I was curious how the ones that have this same bag have attached the back strap.

Ron
One of the BMW versions I had looked at used a stick on adhesive with a strap kinda deal. Probably one of those 3M Command adhesive hooks would work. OM

There is a place for the strap under the seat but as I don't have a 650GS anymore, I can't describe it. I'm looking through my files for a picture. I know I sent instructions and a pic to someone a while back.

There is a place for the strap under the seat but as I don't have a 650GS anymore, I can't describe it. I'm looking through my files for a picture. I know I sent instructions and a pic to someone a while back.

If you find it, I would love to see it. With the strap coming right down the back of the "tank" and right in the middle, I couldn't find anyplace that wouldn't interfere with the seat lock. I have got the bag as far forward as it will go without covering the switch or the power port and even with that, the buckle is under the front edge of the seat. I will go out and check further later, maybe I was just tired yesterday and couldn't think straight, which happens the older I get.:)

Good morning everyone,

Can anyone recommend a small tank bag that will fit a F650GS? It would be great if it was water resistant or had a rain cover. Not looking for a large bag, just something to carry small items on trips, like sunglasses, camera, cell phone, etc. Thanks in advance!

Ron

Wunderlich is by far the best tank bag for the F650GS ever. It is made specificaly for the F650GS. A little pricey but well worth it.

Jack

Wunderlich for me! I bought a tank and a tail bag used, but in great condition from a local rider who traded his bike in. Both have been used extensively...and the tank bag almost is never off of the bike. Fit...materials...construction are all awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back