• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shoei Neotec helmet

It's heavy enough to bother me after a couple or three hours, this is my head which is all i can comment on, but great helmet.

I love this helmet!

I bought this helmet when I picked up my ?12 RT. All things considered this is the best helmet I have owned. I knew I wanted a modular and prior to the purchase I conducted plenty of research. Helmet quality is typical Shoei. I find the helmet extremely comfortable and enjoy all the features, to include excellent ventilation.

This helmet also makes headset installation a breeze. Btw, I fitted a Sena SMH10. Headset works great and those I communicate with over the headset cannot tell I am on a bike.

Walter drop by and see mine

I got one last year, in the fall. Come by and I will even make you a Cappuccino with the new Saeco...

The Neotec is great, by the way. That's for folks not as near as Walter...

Last edited:
Anyone using this helmet? Do you like it? Pros and cons. I'm interested in getting one.

Walter:

I will have a report for you, if I do the spring roll out today. It's a good day to check out whether they fixed the cold air leak through the top vent. :D

Last edited:
I like the fit and convenience aspects of the helmet. Really the only modular that fits my coconut and protruding chin. I like its visibility. Got an RF1100 too and for long rides without a lot of stops, I prefer it. The jury is still out on how it will do in very hot whether, just going to have to wait for summer.

Nice Helmet

My wife and I both choose this helmet in late 2012. No complaints about the helmet. She wears ear plugs, but I don't feel the noise is bad, so I don't. The vents work well, as does all of the hardware and moving parts. Dropdown sun visor is the definite hit of these helmets though. I don't know what all this talk about head shape has to do with anything, but, I notice mine just doesn't fit me great. Probably my fault, but my wife has no complaints. Easy to work vents, visors, etc. with gloves on as well. We bought ours locally at cycle gear, but if you don't have one conveniently near by, Revzilla will price match.

I just started using a Noetec and so far I really like it. One of the things that attracted me to it was the internal sun visor but I noticed when trying it on that the sun visor did not come down quite as far as I thought I would like and it tapers up on the sides, meaning that the tinted part does not cover my entire field of vision. I normally put on a smoke visor during bright conditions and I was hoping for an effect like that, which would fill my entire field of vision. After using the helmet for a couple weeks, however, I have to say that I really like it and the shape of the visor isn't bothering me. :brow

It is quite heavy and demonstrates that Shoei needs to master lighter shells or eventually get left behind- there are other makers doing much lighter shells in modulars. But it is wll made and exactly what one always gets from Shoei re finish, etc..

I use many different helmets in cages and on bikes. My Neotec has not displaced my Shoei RF (FF type) which is a lot lighter and gets plenty of use still. The Neotec is for summer rides when I want the flip up feature.

If you wear glasses, its more important to get frames with earpieces that work with a helmet than to get a modular.

Shoei GT Air

I tried a Neotec at the dealer and really liked it. Comfortable, good vision and I liked the internal dark visor. I was almost ready to purchase one when Shoei came out with the GT Air. I read a review of it at Webbikeworld and other websites. I ordered one. Other than the flip up feature, it is better. Better ventilation, same internal sun shield, less cost, lighter in weight and slightly better peripheral vision. I did have to order some smaller cheek pads to make it fit perfect. You might want to check it out.

Went from a Schuberth C3 to a Neotec. May be a coincidence, but, when I weighted 260 lbs the Schuberth fit fine. No issues at all with discomfort. Got down to 190 and couldn't wear the helmet more than an hour with terrible pain in my forehead. Switched to a Neotec and have had no issues at all. As comfortable as the Schuberth. A hair noisier than the Schuberth, almost not worth mentioning. Venting on the Neotec is incredibly good. As Neotec's can be had at a 15% discount fairly easily, it's the much better value in my opinion.

Back