• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

System bags

Has anyone replaced their system bags with the Hepco-Becker bags?

I like the more rectangular look & or shape for packing..just not sure of fit on a Roadster?

Anyone have a picture?

Thanks in advance....Ron

I got H&B xplorer cases on my 2004 GS. I love them not sure what cases you are thinking about putting on you Roadster. If you want photos let me know.

I'm interested in the Junior series 40liter. 9 liter p/side larger than the system bags, and {IMO} a more usable shape.

Do the Hepco Becker bags use the same mounting points as the system bags, or do they have their own specific mounts? i.e., would they replace the system bags on an R1150RTP?

And they're not cheap. This thread prompted me to check out options for installing Hepco's on my oilhead. My current system bags are workable, but I don't particularly like their shape, so thought I'd investigate Hepco's.

A former owner of my bike had some issues with the bags, so I've got one shiny black, one matte black. Given that they don't match, and given that neither my helmet nor my laptop bag fit into the system cases, I was looking at other options.

I've decided to sand and paint the covers on the system cases, and install a Givi topcase to handle my laptop bag and helmet.

Funny. The bags on my R100RS easily handle my laptop bag as well as my helmet. I've gotten spoiled.

And no, please don't tell me I'm doing it wrong with my helmet. It won't easily fit, any way I twist, turn, or lay it in there. I can get the helmet in there, but it's very tight, and I have to sort of force the bag latched. I'd rather not do this.

And they're not cheap. This thread prompted me to check out options for installing Hepco's on my oilhead. My current system bags are workable, but I don't particularly like their shape, so thought I'd investigate Hepco's.

A former owner of my bike had some issues with the bags, so I've got one shiny black, one matte black. Given that they don't match, and given that neither my helmet nor my laptop bag fit into the system cases, I was looking at other options.

I've decided to sand and paint the covers on the system cases, and install a Givi topcase to handle my laptop bag and helmet.

Funny. The bags on my R100RS easily handle my laptop bag as well as my helmet. I've gotten spoiled.

And no, please don't tell me I'm doing it wrong with my helmet. It won't easily fit, any way I twist, turn, or lay it in there. I can get the helmet in there, but it's very tight, and I have to sort of force the bag latched. I'd rather not do this.

I'm "lock-step" with ya on every point. And that is why I started this research ? I won't just grab the first that comes along, I'll live with the systems [heck I have for quite a while] my 99 RS had them as well. and look for the best bargain i can find. I even thought about trying to fit the old Krausers to the Roadster. But they had their problems as well. Popping open & falling off.

Back