• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Salty fog riders rally 2013

tourunigo

THE SALTY FOG RIDERS RALLY 2013 WILL BE ON Sept 2-6 WITH EARLY ARRIVAL DAY OF SUNDAY SEPT 1. If you are interested in attending (limit of 25) then email us at saltyfogriders@gmail.com to reserve a spot. BTW, it is half full already!

This year we are presenting T Shirts for sale and the prototype looks like this........

On sale soon.

Let's look at the 2012 rally......
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YP9UicsIQV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stay tuned for some new options for 2013!

2011 RIDE REPORT: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?58188-Salty-Fog-Riders-Rally-2011-The-Report

2012 RIDE REPORT: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?64693-Salty-Fog-Rally-2012-What-A-Trip

Last edited:
WOW.... thats a sweet looking finished product,

And the colors along with the muted detail set it apart from all others! About how many alumni are there, that have earned the privilege of
ownership? Oh...I uh, will be making plans for the 2014 Salty; I want to get in shape so that the "fit" looks as nice as the shirt!
"three bowl" john... proud multi-year vet of the fog

And the colors along with the muted detail set it apart from all others! About how many alumni are there, that have earned the privilege of
ownership? Oh...I uh, will be making plans for the 2014 Salty; I want to get in shape so that the "fit" looks as nice as the shirt!
"three bowl" john... proud multi-year vet of the fog
What.....not 2013 Mr Three Bowl? CU@RA - Bob

Getting closer to the finished product! Now to get a flag made :brow

Spots for the rally are now about 1/2 full and we haven't even posted a food-fest outline.:eat:eat:eat:eat September 2 - 6 with the extra Early Arrival Day option on September 1 - Bob

AVAILABILITY UPDATE JULY 2013: 50 SOLD WITH ONLY LARGE AND X LARGE LEFT. MORE PRINTS ACCORDING TO ORDERS.

Last edited:
As stated earlier: THE SALTY FOG RIDERS RALLY 2013 WILL BE ON Sept 2-6 WITH EARLY ARRIVAL DAY OF SUNDAY SEPT 1. If you are interested in attending (limit of 25) then email us at [COLOR="#0000FF"]saltyfogriders@gmail.com[/COLOR] to reserve a spot. BTW, it is half full already!

THE ROUTE:

NEXT: THE FOOD AND COSTS (very economical !!)

Last edited:
Don't Mean To Turn This Into A Sales Thread But......

Hey Bob, please bring me a medium shirt to the RA's Asheville Rally. Thanks. Paul

.... will get back to the rally info shortly.

A number of 'SFR Alumni' are at the RA as well and they have put in orders. We are bringing those shirts down as well. Over the next few of days I will formalize the order system and send the information form by email to all interested folks, . We are also bringing some extras to the RA...... just in case there are some folks who would like one even though they have not come up to the rally. With enough orders we can keep the cost down. Generally speaking it is $20 so far. Final cost once we get numbers. We remain fundamentally 'non-profit' so all is at cost.

We are also doing some as tank tops. The women's tank tops seem to be running a bit small so have to plan one size up but the men's sizes seem ok.

Anyway, will forward the form to you as a guide and we'll go from there. HOWEVER, if anyone else is interested then please contact us at saltyfogriders@gmail.com

- Bob

Bob - Save me a large. I'll see you at the RA rally. Also save me a place at the 2013 Salty fog.

Harry Costello

Bob - Save me a large. I'll see you at the RA rally. Also save me a place at the 2013 Salty fog.

Harry Costello

Think we have an extra coming with us so at the RA indeed! And the SFRR 2013.... your place is secure. - Bob

On Sunday I meet with Bob and Mary in MA as they were headed to the RA. I bought two Salty Fog T-shirts.
Mary - your artwork is great and the shirts are topnotch. It was a pleasure meeting both of you and look forward to going to your Salty Fog Rally.
Paul

Last edited:
Looks like I will be leaving on August 20th.

Plan on taking some time on the way east to visit New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.

Will slab it back home (as much as possible).

The Stich I bought on ebay showed up last week. A washing and re-treatment and it will be good to go.

Have to whittle down what I'm taking. Took way too much to the RA and the UN rallies.

Started planning routes.

Will slab it back home (as much as possible).

Pickup an Easy Pass on the way out there and activate it to take the irritant out of the toll roads on the way home.

Have to whittle down what I'm taking. Took way too much to the RA and the UN rallies.

The weather can be warm, cold and/or wet. Be certain to cover these bases, Bud! You should have a ball!

Pickup an Easy Pass on the way out there and activate it to take the irritant out of the toll roads on the way home.

Will it work on all toll roads? Where do you pick one up?

The weather can be warm, cold and/or wet. Be certain to cover these bases, Bud! You should have a ball!

Thinking electric vest may be handy

Thinking electric vest may be handy
I seldom leave home without one. The only time I did, I got caught being cold 17 out of 21 days!!!:cry

While riding home through Ohio from the RA, I discovered the service centres sold Easy Passes Transponders for a $12 deposit and then it cost an additional $15, of which 10 goes towards your toll fees, once you activate it. Monthly fee is $0.75. Since it takes a couple of days to full activate it, if you do decide to get one, get it on the way to the east. It works on toll roads in most of the northeast states from Illinois through to Maine and south to North Carolina.

Living in IL, you should be able to get one locally.

Even though I can pull coins and bills out with my gloves, I just got tired of that exercise and picked on up last week.

Cheers!

Paul

My wife and I are in the planning stages of a trip to NS and tentatively planning for the first week of September. So, we may be riding through while the Rally is going on. We're watching the weather and will only make the trip if it looks like it will be fairly decent. Our schedule is somewhat flexible so we can move weeks. What we are limited on is total time. So we are planning to trailer the bike from NJ to Maine near the border and set out on the GSA once we get in the area. We are currently looking for a spot to park the car and trailer. I think I'd prefer to leave them on the US side just to reduce any hassle crossing the border.

Hopefully, if the stars align we will get to meet up with the Rally attendees at some point. We looked at the 2012 photos and it looks like you know some of the right places to see.

Last edited:
So we are planning to trailer the bike from NJ to Maine near the border and set out on the GSA once we get in the area. We are currently looking for a spot to park the car and trailer. I think I'd prefer to leave them on the US side just to reduce any hassle crossing the border.

Anonymous book?

Don't count on predicting maritime wx more than a day or three in advance...

weather

It may have been wet at times, but we had a great time!

Tom,
are you joining us again this year?
Nick

Last edited:
Back