• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Europe

clawman

Puttin' heads in beds
If you haven't ridden the Alps you haven't lived. I now understand why Europe is considered the ultimate. If you get a chance to go, don't pass it up. If you haven't had a chance, plan a trip NOW, you'll never regret it.

DarrylRi said:
This, from the guy who moved to Monza 7 months ago? Where are all your pics, dude? You're only an hour south of the alps...
Well, I'm not just a mountain guy. I like the water too. My daughter caught this for dinner and we ate it. :D

Attachments

• mighty-fisherman.jpg
    mighty-fisherman.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 290
Oh, well, as you know, my Italian is limited to ciao bella! and ba bene. I was just interpolating from FC Bayern.

Anyway, tell Sue to keep rooting for the Cubs, if the Red Sox could do it, I'm sure the Cubs will come back some day.

----------

I know that you and I are about the only people here who are also on the Europrez list, and that you've already seen these, but since we're talking about pictures from Europe, here is a link to a bunch of pictures I took this past weekend at the Europrez EP X rally in the Belgian Ardennes.

SheRidesABeemer said:
Thanks for the pics. I'm going next month, will the snow be gone? What kind of temps do you encounter at altitude?
The snow should be gone. It will be hot down below and could be nice, cool, rainy, or foggy at the top.

If you're going on your own, I suggest you buy a copy of John Hermann's Motorcycle Adventures in the Alps and Corsica. I took his 1st edition with me an simply highlighted every pass he gave one or two stars to on my map. Then you can just string them together.

If you want to spend a couple or three days in one place, I suggest you try out Andermatt, Switzerland (with half a dozen excellent passes in the general neighborhood); St. Moritz (it's possible to stay at a 3 star hotel there for not an outrageous amount in the summer); or, in the Italian Dolomites, somewhere in the neighborhood of Cortina d'Ampezza. (I can highly recommend the Hotel Foresta on the downhill side near Moena.)

I hope you have a great trip!

SheRidesABeemer said:
Thanks for the pics. I'm going next month, will the snow be gone? What kind of temps do you encounter at altitude?
Gail, let us know when you'll be in the area. My wife will probably be up for a ride to Stelvio or Bernina Pass after she gets back from the US next month.

Stelvio:
group.jpg

Bernina:
lindsay-bernina.jpg

Me and 19 friends.

Thanks for the invite Jon, I'm not sure you want 20 Yankee Beemers showing up at your door step. We'll be on an organized tour. We have open days Aug 20, 21 in Munich but no bikes. So we'll be tourists. We pick up the bikes the 23rd in St. Maria, Switzerland. :clap

Gail

Yankee Beemers? Now you know why I offered to *meet* you, instead of inviting you to my house. :D

SheRidesABeemer said:
Thanks for the invite Jon, I'm not sure you want 20 Yankee Beemers showing up at your door step. We'll be on an organized tour. We have open days Aug 20, 21 in Munich but no bikes. So we'll be tourists. We pick up the bikes the 23rd in St. Maria, Switzerland. :clap
You'll have a great time, I'm sure! What tour company are you going through? How do you get to St. Maria (which one? Autoroute says that there's only about half a dozen to choose from) from Munich?

ADAC Motorradtouren Maps - FREE Downloads

clawman said:
If you haven't ridden the Alps you haven't lived. I now understand why Europe is considered the ultimate. If you get a chance to go, don't pass it up. If you haven't had a chance, plan a trip NOW, you'll never regret it.

And for anyone adventurous enough to do it on their own, the best way to do it IMO, here is a useful planning tool....

Free downloads of the ADAC Motorradtouren MR 1 to MR 13 map sets.

Select a map on the site or from the map of Europe with the ADAC Motorradtouren map set locations.

At the top left (Select a Map), choose the map of interest and click Select.

Note that most maps have a Front and Back to select from. If you select a map from the pictorials on the right, it'll only link you to the Front side of the map.

The ADAC Motorradtouren maps aren't meant to replace highly detailed road maps, but are meant to provide tour suggestions.

Grab them while you can...whats on the web today, may not be there tomorrow. To download, right click on the map and left click "Save Target As" into a folder.

There are 142 "separate maps", 22 "Complete map on X pages", 22 "Complete map on one page" and 22 Hotel Lists to download...your choice.

The maps are also available from ADAC offices in Germany. The ADAC is the German auto club similar to the CAA in Canada, the AAA in the US and the AA or RAC in the UK.

muno said:
Here are some Pics about the European Alps.

Nice pics, but where is the Trimselsjoch or Trimelsjoch...or are you referring to the Timmelsjoch between St. Leonhard i. Passeier (I) and S?Âlden (A)?

Back