• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Grand Opening of the Great Northern & Cascade Railway Up in Skykomish, WA

grafikfeat

Grand Opening of the Great Northern & Cascade Railway line (SKYKOMISH MODEL LINE)

THE FIRST RUN OF THE NEW GREAT NORTHERN & CASCADE RAILWAY
WILL BE HELD ON MAY 4TH. 2013 IN DOWNTOWN SKYKOMISH.
WEB SITE is HERE.
COME SEE OUR NEW LITTLE TOWN, ENJOY FOOD AND DRINK AND RIDE THE TRAIN
WHISTLING POST TAVERN IS OPEN AGAIN AND BETTER THAN EVER.
YES, THEY ARE COOKING CHICKEN AGAIN!
CASCADIA WILL BE SERVING FOOD ALONG WITH THE DELI ON THE HIGHWAY
OR BRING YOUR PICNIC BASKET AND ENJOY THE NEW PARK NEXT TO THE RAILROAD TRACKS...

My son, now 30, has always been a foaming rail fan. I never really got the bug, but some of the best times we had when he was young, was for me to put him on the back of the motorcycle and ride to tourist train rides. One, near Mt. Rainer has a string of stationary caboose cars set up as hotel rooms. The ride was powered by a Shays locomotive. A real contraption. My son now works in the rail industry.

My son, now 30, has always been a foaming rail fan. I never really got the bug, but some of the best times we had when he was young, was for me to put him on the back of the motorcycle and ride to tourist train rides. One, near Mt. Rainer has a string of stationary caboose cars set up as hotel rooms. The ride was powered by a Shays locomotive. A real contraption. My son now works in the rail industry.

Same here. My son has had the trian bug since he was 4 years old. He is now 27. Some great times traveling around looking and riding trains. He volunteers with a group of people who maintain and run the three 1/4 scale steam trains from the 1915 worlds fair in San Francisco. The 4th engine is in the Train Museum in Sacramento California. My son keeps kicking around the idea of getting into the the rail business?

Back