• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sending my Bing Carbs out for rebuild to..............?

Wow, $600, really? :brow
Thanks for the Glen connection.
My gut feeling is that I'll be finding the time.
Thanks for the info.

I'm with Brittrunyon - $600 for carb rebuilds is insane price. Plus get to puff out your chest a bit when you do it yourself...and use the $600 to get a pair of Delorto pumpers. Get a grip Bing!

...and use the $600 to get a pair of Delorto pumpers. !

Bad advice! Very bad advice! Other than the image that the dell'Ortos have of being on the famous R90S, they have nothing going for them. Aux contraire! As far as maintenance, they are a pita and the performance advantage is just not there. We are talking 30 year old bikes here. Who do you want to outrun with your airhead?

Some people don't have access to good cleaning equipment, don't want to hassle with grinding and re-staking the screws, etc. Some people just don't want to spend their time fixing stuff; they just want the stuff to work.
I just couldn't get past the notion of the $600 flying out the door...

Back