• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Location of flea market ads

Baby steps I guess...

We FINALLY have someone tell us where the bike for sale is at! NOW... does anybody know what EQUIPMENT PACKAGE came on their bike?
Really POOR adds mostly across the board on bike listings... seldom anything on dealer service comments; I see all kinds of things in the pic's
that are not mentioned for example. And if you have aftermarket seats, windscreens...ect... do you still have the OEM stuff that goes along?
And as unbelievable as it may sound... I've called and many don't know if there's ASC, TPM on their 12RT??? You'll keep your bike if you can't
load the dealer invoice/spec sheet for many of us to see....cause I can't see a security system on your photo's. Get with the program....
your attempting to sell a $16,000 - 20,000 motorcycle to a member! OR...I say OR... if this lousy IT Update the MOA PAID FOR is causing this
much difficulty for our members to use correctly and is dropping info... lets go back to the last tried & true program; get our money back & file
for dam-damages!!! You'll believe me if you try to "sort" while looking to buy a bike!

Thanks to everyone on a great job well done on the new Web Site and the Flea Market. Terrific improvement over all!

Jack

Can this be fixed???

WHY are the adds NOT showing the CITY & STATE of the listing????? I KNOW the items are IN the United States unless the the person

selling tells me otherwise... So an add that tells me "Crestwood" United States, is little help to me when I expect to arrive at their driveway

to take a delivery of the motorcycle! Am I driving 3 miles or 3,000 miles to do this!?! Is "Crestwood" in NJ or CA ???

JOHN

John -

My listings show city and state...I have to actually go into the listing to see it.

I wish....

.....I had your good luck to have a city & state listed either place! I don't understand it Kurt; but all the motorcycle for sale listings on my "upgrade"
simply show a "city" if lucky...many say "private", and then "United States". As I go in to the listing, many if not all show nothing on location
data ; so if they don't mention anything in the text/description... I have no clue unless I contact them or if a phone # search by area code in
general...which is a hassle. Thanks Kurt for responding above. John

Just noticed a parts post on page 1 that says " Newfoundland United States".... can't tell me its easy for folks wanting to sell either.

Make sure you're actually logged in to the Flea Market. The first picture shows the first three listings when I'm logged in...while it just says Detroit on the first one, when I click on the ad, it says Detroit, Michigan in the ad. Even as a guest, most of this information appears.

There is another thread where a member can get to the FM, but there are no links for him to add a listing...just not there, but he's clearly logged in. Since the FM is separate from the forum, there are no forum controls on who sees what. I plan on calling the office...I think I'll ask about this, too.

Attachments

• FMLocations.jpg
    FMLocations.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 48
The interface of the Flea Market is being updated in quasi-realtime. Depending on your membership status, you might not be able to see much. It was clear, though, that some ads didn't show the state, etc. As things get updated, the posting of an ad should (hopefully) require all of that pertinent information.

I'm logged in and accounted for, though don't know my "membership status" per se... I have recently become a "number", NOT membership,
possibly of multiple "something" from 2010 & now again April 2013. There's a lot not right in my profile/status.... on the forum anyhow, well..
wife say's in reality also...another problem/concern. I regress... I checked what I know how to do here... those bike add's confound me, mostly
because I'm trying to "find" me a RT from another member who post's a listing that allows me to know where its at. Should I call HQ???
Thanks again...John

John -

You may have hit the nail on the head...you're both a number and your "regular" username. And you're not the only one, unfortunately. So, you may be in a limbo status because of it. There is a method to merge users, but I'm reluctant to try it on real members. So, if it's all the same to you, please call the office tomorrow and explain this FM situation to Jeff. I actually used you as an example of the mixed up member status. Mention that as well and ask him to check it out. It's important this gets resolved.

John -

You may have hit the nail on the head...you're both a number and your "regular" username. And you're not the only one, unfortunately. So, you may be in a limbo status because of it. There is a method to merge users, but I'm reluctant to try it on real members. So, if it's all the same to you, please call the office tomorrow and explain this FM situation to Jeff. I actually used you as an example of the mixed up member status. Mention that as well and ask him to check it out. It's important this gets resolved.
This might be our test case Kurt :deal Maybe he wants to make merge history :evil What's the worst that could happen
lamer.gif

Seeking....

....legal council before "merge user" action; fear of adverse action like removal of my sweepstakes ticket from the hopper!
My heart rate is soaring now thinking about the phone call and the repercussion's. Could this even lead to class-action
litigation against our new MOA Executive Director? Geez... I like Bob!!!

Reckon if my voting ballot for MOA B.o.d. is returned I'll know it's trouble time!

I am 179219 since forum upgrade
FlyHi2cFar in past forum history
aka: "travelin" john in the states & "three bowl" north of the border; long story.

Hmmm, kinda interesting. Kurt and I have been watching the goings on pretty hard and had noticed the discrepancy and "dual" usernames. I see you as FlyHi2cFar now. Have you noticed yourself as 179219 lately?
I'm also wondering if after the last forum down-time you logged back in or sorta re-registered- if you can remember.
Gary

have a look at MY post #3 above in this thread.... that is/was me "during" the upgrade; when it came back on line with me as a number?

I then modified my profile to flyhi2cfar.. and "lost" my majority data...including my sub title; "travel'in" john

My action resulted in what/how i am now. I do know of a time when i was informed there were TWO of me, or something in forum/moa
speak like that; believe that was in 2010.

Thank you caring & sorry for the trouble...

We are trying to do whatever we can to keep things rolling on "this side of the screen". As luck would have it, I'm helping out on another forum that has a fresh/unchanged/modified version of V-Bulletin so I can make comparisons between here and there.
we'll keep trying to have things run smooth.
Gary

Oh the joy...

.....I am now displaying city & state in the bike listings for sale! Let the party begin!!!:groovy

WELL DONE everyone

And did you notice that you stay logged in now!! That's been a welcomed change, too! Thanks to the office for working that out...

Flea Market Question

Thanks for all the hard work you have been doing to provide our web presence.

When I look at the Flea Market at things and bikes I don' need to be buying I seem to be only able to look at things and/or bikes without looking at both at the same time in the chronological order they were listed. Is there a way to look at all listings in the order they come in. I would hate to miss a deal I really don't need because I am looking at things and not bikes, or vice versa.

Thanks for your help.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71449 Life

Wayne -

There is a sort option section, one of the options is sort by "Latest Classified". From what I can tell, it seems to return the ads with the newest listed first.

Does that do what you want?

Back