• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Location of flea market ads

Kurt thanks for the quick reply - you should be watching the Indy 500 not answering forum posts:)

When I select the Latest Classified sort while in the item category on the right side of the screen I get all the items in chronological order but no bikes (at least going back to May 10th).

When I select the Latest Listings sort while in the bike category on the right side of the screen I get all the bikes but no items.

I would like to get all the listings if possible. Maybe I am doing something wrong but it seems that it is one or the other.

Best regards.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

Wayne -

That's what DVRs are for!

I've played a little bit and see some funky stuff going on, but here's what I see:

- on the main Flea Market, no category selected, I can sort by Latest Classified and I get Page 1 of 36 (of 355 records)----at that point, I think I'm seeing all items regardless of category shown in a list of chronological order, the newest first.

- I select Oilheads/Hexheads (80 items), I get to see Page 1 of 8 (of 80 records)...the last item is an R1200RT in Wisconsin. Then if I select Latest Classified, it changes to Page 1 of 19 (of 184 records). I don't understand that. Not sure what the 184 records are, but there happen to be 179 bikes listed in the summary on the right side of the page. Maybe someone has posted a bike in one of the other non-bike categories.

- if I select Accessories (136 items), I get to see Page 1 of 14 (of 136 records). Then, selecting Latest Classified, it stays with Page 1 of 14 (of 136 records). Looks like nothing changed like it did when viewing the bike section.

I did the same thing with BMW parts and after selecting Latest Classifieds, the same number items was still shown.

So, if in one of the bike categories, it seems that using the sort feature pulls in all of the bikes. But if you're in one of the non-bike categories, sorting just sorts within that category. If you want to see the latest of any item regardless of the category, just select Latest Classifieds on the main page before selecting a category.

There might still be a bug with this, though??

Thanks Kurt.

I went thru the 35 pages with the 300+ files on the Flea Market, no category section, and for the greatest part there are only what I will call items not bikes. There were two parts bikes, one 650 and a side car rig but none other. I think if you want to look at everything you need to select latest in the accessory/part category and then switch over to the bike category. It does not look like we can get everything in one area. Now I at least will know how to get that done in the most efficient approach.

So many deals and so little time.

Thanks again. Now back to the race.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
# 71449

Nice, Wayne! Great patience to do that!

I see what you're saying. As of this moment, there are 179 bikes in the right-side summary and 406 "other" items for a total of 585 items. If you go the FM and don't select a category, there are 36 pages for 358 records. OK, now something doesn't add up!

I did the same thing, and after 4-5 pages, no bikes at all. According to my numbers above, 30% of the FM items should be bikes, but you certainly don't see that when paging through like you suggest.

I'll make a note and pass this on to the office.

Back