• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Add not

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
I received this e-mail message 2 months after the add was posted, why?

Dear User,
Unfortunately, your listing #256 - K100 & K75 Manual has to be removed from our listing because your listing does not meet with our listing rules. If you have any question regarding with this issue, please contact us.

There was a clear picture of a Haynes K-bike Manual for sale and a small description.

I want to know why it was rejected?

I received this e-mail message 2 months after the add was posted, why?

Dear User,
Unfortunately, your listing #256 - K100 & K75 Manual has to be removed from our listing because your listing does not meet with our listing rules. If you have any question regarding with this issue, please contact us.

There was a clear picture of a Haynes K-bike Manual for sale and a small description.

I want to know why it was rejected?

I go through this with Craig's list frequently and have no idea why. Of course, you can't pick up the telephone and ask why because these geeks decided it was against the law to have human contact. It amazes me how so many businesses on the internet will not allow phone calls. To me it shows a total disregard for the customer.

When did you post ad? I assume it was listed in the MOA Flea Market. Which Flea Market did you post it in, the in-forum one or the one accessed through the top of the page? When did you get the email? Who sent you the email?

When did you post ad? I assume it was listed in the MOA Flea Market. Which Flea Market did you post it in, the in-forum one or the one accessed through the top of the page? When did you get the email? Who sent you the email?

This is what I got.

fleamarket@bmwmoa.org

6:50 PM (15 hours ago)

to me:

Dear User,

I posted it about 2 months ago, and the add was still there 2 weeks ago.

I think it was under the Accesoiries Area, complete with a picture.

Attachments

• Manuals 003.JPG
    Manuals 003.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Manuals 003.JPG
    Manuals 003.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 70
I go through this with Craig's list frequently and have no idea why. Of course, you can't pick up the telephone and ask why because these geeks decided it was against the law to have human contact. It amazes me how so many businesses on the internet will not allow phone calls. To me it shows a total disregard for the customer.

This is not always correct.

In my prior working life as an attorney, I once had occasion to complain to CL about an ad that had been placed by someone who was having an argument with my client: the ad violated a contract between my client and the poster by a) disclosing my client's non-public telephone number, and b) offering property for rent that was not within the poster's control. I wrote an email to CL setting forth this information, and they pulled the ad within an hour or so. I was impressed.

Darryl -

Since you posted that 2 months ago, it was in the in-forum Flea Market, which I believe may have been pulled over into the new Flea Market. I had noticed that old ads (more than 30 days old) were in the new Flea Market...I had commented to the office that there were old ads listed. Just the other day, I noticed that the old ads were gone. My guess is that they have instituted an automatic feature of the new Flea Market which removes old ads based upon date...one of "the rules". What you received looks very much like a canned response informing you that it was deleted. Unfortunately, the reason for deletion in the email is rather generic. I don't know if this is the real answer, but seems logical to me.

My guess is that they have instituted an automatic feature of the new Flea Market which removes old ads based upon date...one of "the rules". What you received looks very much like a canned response informing you that it was deleted. Unfortunately, the reason for deletion in the email is rather generic. I don't know if this is the real answer, but seems logical to me.

I suspect you're right, the same thing happened to me, and my ad was old. Perhaps a better worded email would be in order?

jb

Back