• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Selling it aint so easy...

It turns out selling it really isn't easy, I had a deal with a buyer, but kept looking at the bike wondering if I was making a mistake, so we went for a ride to think it over.....

Well he was pretty disappointed, but he understood.

I may not ride as much as I used to, but I'd hate to wake up on that perfect morning and have nothing in the garage when I feel the call.

I had plenty of reasons why I was selling, all of them valid - distracted drivers, getting older, seeing too many friends going down for whatever reason, most often the cell phone using, make up applying, texting idiots we share our deteriorating roads with here in NY, and probably the biggest one being that I just don't tour much anymore which is what the RT really does best.

All that being said, I'm just not ready to let it go yet. and my 2012 RT has now been replaced by the Wethead. Maybe I'm just lucky but I still think mine is as terrific as the day I picked it up 7500 miles ago, and I've never had a single issue with it. Maybe the "Wethead" will be terrific, but I'd hate to decide To get another bike in a year or so and not be able to replace this one.

In the end, it was probably just easier to keep it for another few years and see what happens then...

It turns out selling it really isn't easy, I had a deal with a buyer, but kept looking at the bike wondering if I was making a mistake, so we went for a ride to think it over.....

Well he was pretty disappointed, but he understood.

I may not ride as much as I used to, but I'd hate to wake up on that perfect morning and have nothing in the garage when I feel the call.

I had plenty of reasons why I was selling, all of them valid - distracted drivers, getting older, seeing too many friends going down for whatever reason, most often the cell phone using, make up applying, texting idiots we share our deteriorating roads with here in NY, and probably the biggest one being that I just don't tour much anymore which is what the RT really does best.

All that being said, I'm just not ready to let it go yet. and my 2012 RT has now been replaced by the Wethead. Maybe I'm just lucky but I still think mine is as terrific as the day I picked it up 7500 miles ago, and I've never had a single issue with it. Maybe the "Wethead" will be terrific, but I'd hate to decide To get another bike in a year or so and not be able to replace this one.

In the end, it was probably just easier to keep it for another few years and see what happens then...

Hmmm...pretty interesting. So not really about the possibility of getting defrauded, but the seller is not sure he wants to sell. My advice, don't sell. If you want to try the water bike, buy one early next spring and then you will probably like it after a month and want to sell the camhead. There are plenty of curmudgeons out there who think the old days are better days. Next spring is soon enough, probably better than late in the season.
When you sell, have the buyer show up with a cashier's check for the amount, written on a bank near you. Then before you turn over the bike, both of you go to the branch of that bank and cash the check or verify it. New owner rides away and you continue to wonder, but you go for a ride on the new bike and the remorse seems to evaporate. :) Moving on, eh?

Ha! I think I just got called a "curmudgeon"! Oh well, if the shoe fits....

Honestly though, I'm pretty sure this one is my last bike, but if I do ever decide on another, it will involve a trade in. You probably get a couple of grand extra by selling, but for me it's just not worth all of the headache involved in a private sale.

I might have to start experimenting with how to shorten up curmudgeon enough to fit on my license plate though. Maybe CRMUGN?

Back