• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ohio to Oregon Salem in July

Ron,

I'm near Cleveland. Think between 600 and 750 miles per day. Some Slab and was planning to motel it. Planning on leaving on Saturday to arrive by Wednesday late afternoon. Only real stop I had planned was Boise ID on Tuesday.
Trip home is via Ashland where I meet up with the wife. Then wife & I will go back through Jackson Wy to see family

Several from our club (BMW Motorcycle Club of Akron) are riding. I would assume you could join them easily from where you are in Rocky River.

Ron,

I'm near Cleveland. Think between 600 and 750 miles per day. Some Slab and was planning to motel it. Planning on leaving on Saturday to arrive by Wednesday late afternoon. Only real stop I had planned was Boise ID on Tuesday.
Trip home is via Ashland where I meet up with the wife. Then wife & I will go back through Jackson Wy to see family

Sorry about the delay..and thanks for the consideration. But I doubt that I have that daily mileage in me anymore, so I would not want to commit to it.

Ride safe & enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

Any great routing ideas for the trip out there? From the Indianapolis area. I'll have only 4 days. So looks like slab to at least past Iowa doing big mileage the first 2 days and enjoying it a little more through WY, ID and OR. Any suggestions appreciated! :dance

Any great routing ideas for the trip out there? From the Indianapolis area. I'll have only 4 days. So looks like slab to at least past Iowa doing big mileage the first 2 days and enjoying it a little more through WY, ID and OR. Any suggestions appreciated! :dance

4 days Total!?..or 4 days each way + the rally?

I really recommend US-20 [the Oregon Trail] & or US-2 ...one out, one back....but 4 days won't do it!

Gents, assuming you all made it there and back, can you share your routes ?

From the KC area zig-zagged north thru Thedford and Valentine, Nebraska; continued north thru SDak and caught the SW corner of NDak where we turned west on 12 and rode across the middle of Montana on 12 to Helena. Back roads to the Spokane, Washington area where we edged north a bit and then rode 20 (North Cascades Scenic Highway) to the ocean. Caught Blaine (one of the four corners of the US), and then caught the ferry on Whidbey Island across the Puget Sound to Port Townsend. Rode south on 101 to Olympia, Washington where we slabbed it on I-5 to Vancouver, Washington. Visited Vancouver Barracks National Historical Site, rode east along the Columbia River to Crown Point lookout, then back to I-5 for the run into Salem. Total of about 2,500 miles and took six days.

For the return, left Salem and rode southeast to Crater Lake, then to Lakeview, Oregon. Then via 140 and 95 to Winnemucca, Nevada where we slabbed it on I-80 all the way to Cheyenne, Wyoming (in a bigger hurry to get home; you know about horses headed for the barn, right?) From Cheyenne south on 85 and east on 14 in northeast Colorado which turned into 6 which took us to McCook, Nebraska. Then south on 83 back into Kansas where we finished on 36 back to the KC area. Total about 2,100 miles and five days.

grand total about 4,600 miles.

Back