• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Old posts

JDOCKERY132445

OldBMWMaster
Will I ever be able to find my older posts? It seems that every time there is an "upgrade", I lose the ability to find posts from the previous version.

Will I ever be able to find my older posts? It seems that every time there is an "upgrade", I lose the ability to find posts from the previous version.

Search is doomed since the "upgrade". Might as well not be there at all. Any chance of adding a google search box? Lots of forums running this software have one.

using Google search for forum items

Will I ever be able to find my older posts?....

It is simple to use Google to search for previous postings. Simply go to Google search, input the search item followed by site:forums.bmwmoa.org. Google will return results from the forum.

example "esa shock site:forums.bmwmoa.org" will return all posts with "esa shock"
example "rjzinc site:forums.bmwmoa.org" will list all rjzinc's posts/threads

Yeah, I know how to do it, but a google search box add-on is available and makes more sense.

Maybe I don't know how to do it, but, when trying to access something in the "search" column the old posts go crazy. Type in something like cylinder head work, and up comes anything including these three words. so, don't have time to peruse a thousand posts, just turn it off, go out to garage. Was really into aluminum tanks, still am, type in aluminum tanks, same thing. Up comes tank tops, aluminum cookware, tanks used for fish and so on??? that was a while back, don't know if things have changed.

Just typed in name of renowned airhead service guy, got pages and pages of totally unrelated stuff. guess the use of this will drop off. It's like asking where the milk cooler is at the market, and are directed to the USA.

The search engine on the MOA site has never been very robust...you almost have to know exactly what you're looking for or remember a very key word in a post in order to find it again. The MOA search engine didn't allow modifiers in the terms, so yes, if you put in three words, it will try to find any and all posts with those three words, not necessarily in that order of words. If you want to find something, it's been stated in several other posts on searching to use the google site search feature. You can use the typically delimiters that way to narrow down the results.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?68232-Searching-the-MOA-forum

Back