• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

When I started riding....

I killed the battery in my first bike learning how to use the clutch. I kept releasing it too fast, stalling and eventually couldn't start the bike until I let it sit for a while. I then got going, took a corner and narrowly missed hitting a bus head on. I could not understand why the bike would not turn where I wanted it to. A friend who had given me some armchair (actually it might have been a bar stool) directions on how to ride forgot to mention counter steering!

When I started riding1954. To complete a school project. Learned on a 1947 Indian Scout. dropped it on the third turn. I rode OPB (short for Other Peoples Bikes). My first bike was a 1961 NSU super max 250 single. Next came a HOG (1937-38-39) all the years someone joined together for a bike to ride, cost 1-1939 Plymouth 4dr sedan.

1st BMW was a 1962 R69S, next was a 1971 R75/5, then on to a 1974 R90 and my ride now 2000 K1200 LTC.

That my HISTORY AN I am STICKING TO IT.

When I started riding1954. To complete a school project. Learned on a 1947 Indian Scout. dropped it on the third turn. I rode OPB (short for Other Peoples Bikes). My first bike was a 1961 NSU super max 250 single. Next came a HOG (1937-38-39) all the years someone joined together for a bike to ride, cost 1-1939 Plymouth 4dr sedan.

1st BMW was a 1962 R69S, next was a 1971 R75/5, then on to a 1974 R90 and my ride now 2000 K1200 LTC.

That my HISTORY AN I am STICKING TO IT.

Just a small tidbit that I learned from reading Businessweek magazine.......................The stock market symbol for Audi on the Frankfurt Exchange is "NSU"

When I started riding....
You had to know how and be willing to work on a bike if you were going to ride it very much. Every bike came with a tool kit that had just enough tools to fit all the nuts and bolts to get you home from the side of the road. You could stop beside the road to adjust the points with out worrying about getting plowed over by some kid on a phone because the cars us kids had to drive took every ounce of attention and strength to get it down the road.
WOW, I'm not even that old and it seams so long ago!

Just a small tidbit that I learned from reading Businessweek magazine.......................The stock market symbol for Audi on the Frankfurt Exchange is "NSU"

DKW was the last remaining part of "Auto Union", the brand with the four rings. (The other three were Horch, Wanderer and Audi). DKW built cars after WWII and used the name "Auto Union" and "Audi" for some of their models.
After the volkswagen group who owned, DKW Auto Union since 1964, bought NSU in 1969, they formed a company officially named "Audi NSU Auto Union". Main factories were in Ingolstadt (Audi) and in Neckarsulm (NSU), where, among others, the Porsche 924 was built.

- This is what's called "hijacking a thread"-:wave

Last edited:
Back