• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

My first ride on a GTL

dpmonk

P Monk
I was out squashing bugs on my 90/6 today and went to see a friend who has a new GTL. He wanted me to ride it, I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I obliged him. My first impression is that this seems much higher quality and much more compact, and much less clunky than my ex Goldwing. It's ride is absolutely smooth, much like my GS. Handling is effortless. I felt like I was doing about 50 on a curvy road, when I looked down I was doing more than 70! This thing could really collect tickets.

Some folks say it isn't a touring bike like a Goldwing or an LT. I have owned both and I couldn't disagree more. If your idea of a touring bike is riding behind a barn door size windshield with your feet so forward you are forced to install a backrest to be comfortable, you might not like the GTL. If your idea of a great touring bike is one that rides ultra smooth, and that you can look over the windshield, and that doesn't require a backrest, this may be the ultimate tourer (except for my GS of course).

The only thing I saw that needs improving is the seat. It felt a little low and the seat was a little too narrow, but my butt is accustomed to Russel daylong saddles on my GS and /6.

Back