• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Covers?

lmo1131

I know there's a thread out there, I remember reading it. But I can't find it.

Time for a new cover for my nekkid LWB /5 with Krausers.

Any recommendations?

Thks.

Any recommendations?

Thks.

Check Amazon's Max BMW. I bought a BMW brand outdoor cover with zipout for a top box and panniers for my 2012 RT. it fits great, very high quality. About $130.

Last edited:
I ordered mine on-line at carscover.com and I am very happy with it. It arrived promptly and fits very nicely over my bike with the windshield and rear box. It's funny though, I just visited their site I didn't see the one I got which is an indoor cover made out of a high-quality soft black cloth material for winter storage for my R 1200RT. If you're looking for an indoor cover you may want to give them a call.

Any recommendations?

Thks.

Another good choice is WeatherAll Plus by Guardian with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Very nice cover but I guess you need to read the fine print if you're concerned about the Limited Warranty.

My standard reply on covers(for an outdoor durable cover) is Dowco. I bought it once & they last well & all you do is call & they send a new one when it wears out. They take the UV,rain,vented and the mice don't chew them either. Hard to beat that.

I bought an EZ Touring cover about 18 years ago for a K11LT. I've used that same cover on the K11LT, a K12LT, and R1150RT, and an R12GS. I will admit it fit some bikes better than others. The cover is still in excellent shape and will be used on the R12GSW that is coming soon.

I have the "Traveller" A.

Bought a cheap nylon cover from China off flea bay from takecover100. It packs up the size of a 1L water bottle and serves well to keep the dew and dust off my F800 with all bags etc.

Think I paid a total of $15 for it including shipping. It worked so well I bought another one for my wifes bike. Perfect travel covers.

Just looked on flea bay, they must be popular because the price has gone up to $20 but they are now US based and not China direct.

Okay.... what size are you all using? Medium? Large? No windshield, but with Krausers; 30" overall width, (my bar ends fold up), 88" overall length (including luggage rack).

Any personal experience with this? I'm trying to avoid the expense of a return.

Leaning toward the DOWCO Ultralite+

0000-Dowco-Guardian-Ultralite-Plus-Cover-Grey.jpg

Okay.... what size are you all using? Medium? Large? No windshield, but with Krausers; 30" overall width, (my bar ends fold up), 88" overall length (including luggage rack).

Any personal experience with this? I'm trying to avoid the expense of a return.

0000-Dowco-Guardian-Ultralite-Plus-Cover-Grey.jpg

Please give make and model of bike.

Keep in mind the Ultralite series is primarily an indoor cover. You need a Weatherall Plus for parking outside.

I have a DOWCO indoor cover that I bought back in 1993...I still have it and it is still like new. Good quality! Same goes for their helmet bags that I also bought from them.

You never mentioned indoor - outdoor - packability important?

My scooter lives in my business shop, but it occasionally winds up in the driveway overnight; we live less than a mile from the Pacific ocean and the salt comes in on the fog some nights and really takes it's toll. Also looking for over night protection on road trips; countable on one hand a year. Pack size... prolly not a big issue. Besides my Krausers I have a big tank bag and a pretty good size tail bag. And I ride solo.

images

Cycle Gear:)

At 45$, a nice cover equals all the 100$ plus ones I've ever owned. I don't care where they are made! Even Germany shops China....My second bike KLR650 has WalMart cover for about 5 years now, not a wear mark on it. It was 19$, wow. Shop wise my friends, as you do NOT have to spend a lot of bucks for a cover!!! Silver is MUCH better too, as all my past black covers have been TOO HOT on a Summer day at any rally:(. Silver reflects SOOOOO much better, stays cooler:). Hard to find silver ones??? Randy

I got one from Advanced Auto Parts 5 years ago and it has been great value at less than $30. I give it a spray with reproofer every year and it does the job admirably. Even packs down to a reasonable size :)
Ian

Back