• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200GSA 2013 Rider & Passenger seat options

dogmoon

Well Im the proud new owner of a new BMW I bought it from Gateway in December 2012 We are finally getting to ride some and find the stock seat to be terrible, any suggestions would be appreciatied I dont mind spending a little money for comfort we are planning some long trips this summer, I have talked to Rick Mayer and I am considering him, but I would still like some opinions. Thanks Steve Mooney! :scratch

Bill Mayer, Rocky.

Rick's brother in SCal did mine, GSA1200, 500$ even. This was about 4+ years ago, front and back seat. Comfy, yes. My only wish is the seat could be softer, but shaped well and tons better than original seat. 90000m on this seat now and its wearing well, showing no wear. Randy

R1200GS aftermarket seat

Well Im the proud new owner of a new BMW I bought it from Gateway in December 2012 We are finally getting to ride some and find the stock seat to be terrible, any suggestions would be appreciatied I dont mind spending a little money for comfort we are planning some long trips this summer, I have talked to Rick Mayer and I am considering him, but I would still like some opinions. Thanks Steve Mooney! :scratch

Russell Day Long... probably the best in the business!

Touratech Kahedo. It was the only seat I could find that didn't lower the seat height. It's very firm, which is what my butt likes.

I have the Corbin, front & rear heated, I ride 1K days and have no issues. a friend has a Sergeant heated and love that! Just more options to think about.. I think if I was to buy again I would look into the Sergeant his really seems to fit better but I have not ridden on it?.

gsa seat

I've had them all,for the gsa I've found the tourtech ldc is hands down the very best I have had,call Adam at gateway ,let him demo my seat before I picked it up and he didn't want to get back on anything else,and it looks great also,its waterproof and is perfect,Mayer bros are OK Russell ldc is fine but look silly on the bike,sorry but true,the tour tech which I was secpitcal about is the best thing I've ever had!!!!!

I've had them all,for the gsa I've found the tourtech ldc is hands down the very best I have had,call Adam at gateway ,let him demo my seat before I picked it up and he didn't want to get back on anything else,and it looks great also,its waterproof and is perfect,Mayer bros are OK Russell ldc is fine but look silly on the bike,sorry but true,the tour tech which I was secpitcal about is the best thing I've ever had!!!!!
Thanks for the infro!

Winning the Money

Well I was the lucky winner at Gateway BMWs open house this spring I won the $2500.00 gift from the MOA, this solved my seat problem, I was just getting ready to send my stock seat to Rick Mayer before I won, I ended up buying a Saddleman Adventure Seat and we are very satisfied with it, I still might end up sending my stock out to get it rebuilt sometime or another, thanks everyone for the advice and a special thanks to the MOA for drawing my ticket at Gateway BMW that was very cool!:clap

Back