Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member from S.E. Pa

New member from S.E. Pa

Hello to all, I'm new to the Forum. I purchased a 2013 RT in Oct. and already have 4,600 miles already. To say I love this bike would be an understatement. I have some great trips planned for this summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome aboard! great looking bike. Where you planning on traveling to?

Tail of the Dragon for sure, was there last year on my Honda Shadow. Also plenty of two/three day trips in the mountains of Pa.

Welcome, I pass through Elverson from time to time on my wanderings around SE PA. What bridge is that in your photo?
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

That bridge is at Pool Forge, west of Churchtown on rt23. Good photo op.

Droptine1968
    Welcome Rob.
    I'm hoping to make it to Gettysburg, but unfortunately, it will not be this weekend with the BMWMOA event.
    2005 R1200RT

More pictures

A few more pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images

MARs

Welcome, Robby!

You may be interested in joining the Mid Atlantic Riders for breakfast at the Longwood Diner on Route 1 on May 11th. We meet the second saturday of each month for breakfast or lunch and a ride. Great group of people who get together and ride regularly. In fact, we just got back from a chilly weekend in West Virginia.

Our website is currently under reconstruction so there is no current info there yet but email me for details. tracy@novacich.com

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Welcome, Robby!

You may be interested in joining the Mid Atlantic Riders for breakfast at the Longwood Diner on Route 1 on May 11th. We meet the second saturday of each month for breakfast or lunch and a ride. Great group of people who get together and ride regularly. In fact, we just got back from a chilly weekend in West Virginia.

Our website is currently under reconstruction so there is no current info there yet but email me for details. tracy@novacich.com
    Tracy, how the heck are ya?? I need to get down to catch up with you soon! Can't on May 11, though!!! Thanks for the reminder about MARS. Hope all is well with you!
    Tonya
    2007 F800ST - Lovin' it!!

Allo ....and welcome from northern Ontario, Canada. Your new ride looks GREAT....congrats. Keep logging the miles. If my wife had it her way, we would be riding one of those. She says she would rather travel on the back of an RT than our GS. They look so comfortable she says.....
    Rob.

Rally Rat
    Welcome aboard! Plenty of fun roads for an RT to play on your way, also head west to southern York County, or up towards Fort Indian Town Gap and Rt 125 to Shamokin, a good day trip from your area. Also some great 1-2 night trips down to VW from S.E. PA, can run down 81 to get to the twisties quick, or take Rt 30 through Gettysburg west and drop down Rt 26 into MD and WV.

Some great folks on this forum when you need tech advice or just about anything for that matter, just remember not to bring up religion, politics, guns, or breast feeding.....wait, that last one might not be on the list.....

Anyway, enjoy the RT, beautiful bike!

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    In fact, we just got back from a chilly weekend in West Virginia.
    Tracy, I was down with 3 other non-GS riders the same weekend, saw one of your group members at the store at Seneca Rocks just as the rain was letting up Friday afternoon. We ended up cutting our trip short and headed home Saturday as it was a bit chilly to tent camp (for us anyway). Would have liked to run into you, been a few years since breakfast with Terrance on the way to Hermy's open house. Ride safe!

John

John1961,
    I just did rt 125 from Pine Grove to Shamokin. Wow! What a road, I thought I was on the Tail of the Dragon!

I really like Rt 9 from Berkely Springs WV down through PawPaw. Then Rt 50 to Winchester Va and on to Rt 11 back to C-burg
    I have met the enemy, and he is us
    2011 R 1200 RT

Rockbottom,.....have you ever been on rt 74 from 944 north to Port Royal? I did that the other weekend. Another great road.