• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Brake Line question

bikedog54

I have an 02 R1150RS with integral ABS and am looking to replace the brake lines. I'm looking at Spiegler lines, however their website only lists a kit for 03-04 models. I sent them an email but their rep couldn't confirm if the parts were the same for an 02 model.

Anyone out there have any input? Are the 02 lines the same as the 03-04 lines?

Thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question.

You could go to realoem.com, find the part numbers for the brake lines on your bike, then compare those numbers to the part numbers for brake lines on the 03-04 models.

I have an 02 R1150RS with integral ABS and am looking to replace the brake lines. I'm looking at Spiegler lines, however their website only lists a kit for 03-04 models. I sent them an email but their rep couldn't confirm if the parts were the same for an 02 model.

Anyone out there have any input? Are the 02 lines the same as the 03-04 lines?

Thanks.

I looked at the parts book and they show all brake hoses to be identical. A couple of the brake pipes for the control circuits were altered in production runs dating September 2002 and later but the hoses themselves seem to have remained identical throughout the years of production for that model so you should be fine.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered SS lines from Spiegler for my wife's R1100R. Call Dave at Spielger and ask him the question. Service was very good and the parts they supplied were a perfect fit.

Yes the lines are the same I have the same bike, and did the same swap last summer worked like a charm the only issue I had was with the bracket on the line that attaches the one line to the right fork leg but easily dealt with Herman

Thanks to all that replied. I ordered the Spiegler lines and they are a perfect fit (translucent blue with silver fittings to match my bike colors). I will be refilling and bleeding the system this weekend. Thanks again!

Back