• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Can be fun stationed in Germany

Here is a pic of my airhead, and the bike....JUST KIDDING. my 86 Airhead and my Wife traveling, this goes on every Sunday.

Attachments

• DSCN1217.JPG
    DSCN1217.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCN1097.jpg
    DSCN1097.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 301
Club members in Germany

If there are any MOA members near Kaiserslautern, please IM me I would like to get together to ride. Unfortunately the MOA sponsored ride this fall in Germany is TOO expensive for my wallet.

More Pix Please!

We (OK- I) love it when we (I) get to see pix from afar. DO post up some of your weekend ride pix.

Excellent duty assignment Bullfrog. I spent my Viet Nam era three year tour in Germany. Had a Triumph Daytona at the time and rode it all over Germany with forays into Belgium, Holland, Austria and Italy. Great times and I didn't get shot at even once.

John

I'm considering a move to Germany next year. I am a retired Air Force guy and now a government civilian. I just spent a week in Stuttgart on official business and confirmed my desire to seek a job over there. MAN what a beautiful country! I spent some time there many years ago as a much younger man, but now I really want to move the family there to experience Europe for a few years. The wife and kids all seem up to the adventure as well, so I am looking for jobs in both the Stuttgart and Ramstein area.

What sort of American BMW clubs are there in those locations? Is there a MOA club in Germany? Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

One of the things you will find In Germany is that motorcycle "clubs" are not so much brand specific.
There are groups all over either under a formal or informal umbrella and they usually consist of bikers with a wide variety of different motorcycles. While there may be some (good natured) ribbing about somebody elses favorite motorcycle, it is generally accepted whatever bike you ride.
The last group ride I attended had everything from an old-skool Harley bopper to a Ducati Monster.

Just got finished riding the ALPS

WHOOT, what a great ride to Garmish and then the ALPS for the weekend. The ole airhead made the journey with wife and stuffed krausers with ease. I have not been to the motorcycle museum yet and it is like 15 minutes from me....terrible I know. I was told there was a Germany Chapter of MOA, but went to the link and it was bare. I ride with the locals and get picked on because of the old airhead, but they respect me having the bike.

Phil, you should take your pals up to Cafe Ingrid in Hermersbergerhof, pretty much due south of you. Great riding and also great food and especially desserts! Actually, there is a lot of great riding in the countryside south and west of Bad Bergzabern down to and across the French border.

My R11RS is at MTS service in Landau right now (shock rebuilds and a service) and I'll be picking it up on Wednesday, and going to Italy on Thursday.

There is supposed to be a good road to Pirmasans (if my memory serves me) but it was always closed to motorcycles on the weekend so I never did ride it.

There used to be a great motorcycle museum in Neckarsulm.

I was stationed in Hanau for three years and Baumholder for one. I wish I was there now. I love Germany. :german

Johannis Kreuz is a mere 20 km away and a meeting place of motorcyclists on a daily basis.

Its on the B48 and L499 just SSW of you. The L503 or L504 to the B48 will get you there.

Back