• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Credit cards at WA state gas station SNAFU

Pumps Unzipped...

I find when I travel out of my area I am frequently required to enter my zip, but not when I am close to home. Other that travel here do as well, I think it is a great way to ensure security and help prevent theft.

If mother government wants to track little old me as I have fun riding around the country side, more power too them. I almost would feel privileged that hey though I was that important enough, to be even noticed.

...I still think that a PIN would be more inclusive and efficient ..... but why start now eh? I got a chuckle in your second part because if it was important enough to 'whoever' to follow you around there are dozens of other ways to do that :brow - Bob

Any Canadians having this problem and how did you resolve it? :banghead

I have travelled in about 40 of the US states and can not remember having a problem. I simply enter the first three digits of my postal code (drop the letters) and add 2 zeros. Works for me! :dance

If I have to get off my bike to pump the gas, I'm riding on to the next gas station. That's one reason while I'll never own a bike with an underseat gas tank!

It is not a Washington State law or regulation to require the zip code. If you use a debit card, you enter your PIN number and not your zip code. In the event I drop my credit card, or lose my wallet, I'm glad my card can't be used to purchase gas unless the new "owner" happens to know my zip code.

Back