• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2014 BMWMOA National Rally

Mn fair grounds

Any one have GPS number for the fair grounds. Also Mall of America.

Thanks planning for the trip. want to leave plenty of time to sight see.

Tough to sew decals on a jacket. :scratch

I'm hoping they have both decals and patches. I have a bare spot on my right pannier that would be filled up nicely by the decal. And Barley needs a patch for his vest.

I'm looking forward to visiting this part of the country again. There was far too much to see in just a week!

Any one have GPS number for the fair grounds. Also Mall of America.

Thanks planning for the trip. want to leave plenty of time to sight see.

Will post later....The GPS coordinates for the site will take you to the wrong entrance. Will get them for the entrance to Rally Central. Here's MOA (Mall of America) N44 51.29838 W93 14.52108. We may have a bus going there at least once during the rally. (Still in the planning stages)

Will it be possible to camp at the fairgrounds a day or 2 before the Rally starts?

Traditionally, early arrivals are expected to volunteer.

Even if you don't arrive early consider volunteering. It helps the club and is a fantastic way of meeting new family members you never knew you had. :D

So, who doing the Sherpa thing? For the first time we are going for it. Running very light this year and we are looking forward to this. A change of hands in the hook-up but looks like the new folks will be a comparable addition. - Bob ("the minimalist: 2014")

So, who doing the Sherpa thing? For the first time we are going for it. Running very light this year and we are looking forward to this. A change of hands in the hook-up but looks like the new folks will be a comparable addition. - Bob ("the minimalist: 2014")

Glen is correct. Any set-up volunteers are permited 1-2 day early access, and promptly put to work :D:D The committees are always looking for extra help, and it's great fun too!! The committee chair list should be on the website by mid-February with contact information.

The Sherpa information is available here: http://www.sherpapacker.com/bmwMOA.php

MN State Parks

.... nearby the rally site. AT $25 PER vehicle... roll in to Bluffs or Washington Co parks to camp before the rally with a flight of 4 and it will set you
back $118.00 before any tax's or a bag of ice! Can the MOA work with the state/county to suspend those fee's for motorcycles in July 2014? .:heart
If so MORE than a "handfull" of us from out of state may visit, ... otherwise a sour taste for many that discover this on arrival. :cry

(fees per web sites info...$118 based on 4 bikes in ONE camp "site" for ONE nite ...will they allow that?)

"travel'in" john

Just a reminder if anyone wants an overnight in one of MN State Parks, and doesn't want to pay the annual fee (don't blame you). From the MN State Park Website:

One Day Permit: $5.00 (each vehicle) plus camp site fee..

>>>Can I camp overnight if I only have a one-day permit?
Yes! Daily vehicle permits that are purchased for one day expire at 10:00 p.m. and are dated the day of purchase. If you are camping overnight (or staying in a cabin or camper cabin), your daily permit will be dated with the following day's date and your vehicle may remain in the park until camping check-out time.<<<<

That's great news....

Thanks for going deep into their website to find that info! I've also read they "hold back " 30% of the campsites from being reserved in advance.... Allowing an opportunity roll up & get in. .:)

Will it be possible to camp at the fairgrounds a day or 2 before the Rally starts?

This is a good question, what is the earliest we can show up to the Campground/ Fairground? Thanks.

Oops, disregard, posting faux paus, I got answer two pages ago.

Last edited:
Camping in Blue Earth, Minnysotta

....was FREE for 1 nite last year. Site in listed on some free camping websites. It is south central MN near IA state line. It's in a County Fairground/Park. Walking distance over to wallyworld! Nice bathhouse...mosquito's were bad on July 1st. Can't beat very nice AND free ....if your passing that way.
Bonus... The Country Kettel???? Restaurant nearby was a top notch breakfast.
travel'n john

SS Badger question: is the MOA discount good for a couple days AFTER the rally. If I leave the rally Sunday morning and take a couple of days to reach Manitowoc, would I still get the discounted price?

Pete

SS Badger question: is the MOA discount good for a couple days AFTER the rally. If I leave the rally Sunday morning and take a couple of days to reach Manitowoc, would I still get the discounted price?

Pete

Pete

As far as I know....the MOA discount is good for the days after the rally too... I'll check.

SS Badger

Pete

Pete-

You're "golden" :brad

Here's her response:

>>Yes, the discount is available to those who travel anytime between July 18th and August 1st. Currently our online booking system does not accept codes. Discount reservations need to be made with one of our agents over the phone. They are available 7 days/wk from 7am-9pm ET at 1-800-841-4243.<<<<<

ferry.jpg

Back