• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2014 BMWMOA National Rally

good information &

... thanks Karol for the recommendations. At $5 per bike that's acceptable for most... the "price" to keep campground drive-thru's low.
Lanesboro & Money Creek ( aptly named! ) ARE good choices when arriving into MN from the southeast.

"travel'n" john
13 R12RT

Two years in a row!

I can't ride much anymore, but last year I was able to attend the Sedalia rally. Since I lived there for several years while going to school, it was nice to see some old friends and re-visit old haunts. This year I will also attend. My son and his family live in Stillwater which is just 20 miles from the fairgrounds. As mentioned, the roads in the St Croix valley and in Wisconsin are great. Stillwater has some great restaurants, shops and dives. Go to the food channel website and you'll find great restaurants, dives and funky places to eat and drink. Check out the Summit brewery and of course the micro breweries. St Croix Harley Davidson is also a Ural dealer. You can usually get a test ride in the field behind the shop. Hope everyone has a great time!

I can't ride much anymore, but last year I was able to attend the Sedalia rally. Since I lived there for several years while going to school, it was nice to see some old friends and re-visit old haunts. This year I will also attend. My son and his family live in Stillwater which is just 20 miles from the fairgrounds. As mentioned, the roads in the St Croix valley and in Wisconsin are great. Stillwater has some great restaurants, shops and dives. Go to the food channel website and you'll find great restaurants, dives and funky places to eat and drink. Check out the Summit brewery and of course the micro breweries. St Croix Harley Davidson is also a Ural dealer. You can usually get a test ride in the field behind the shop. Hope everyone has a great time!

Stillwater's a cool town...if your son has restaurant or favorite routes....let us know!!!:wave

And your on the forum....Welcome!
Gary

and you're on the forum

Guys, when I posted that yesterday, I didn't realize that I was a NOOB. Don't know what happened, but I've been a member since 2000. I'am not a frequent poster, but I guess I've been off too long as I had to request my user name and the system gave me a new password. My first rally was Trenton and the last was Wisconsin before Sedalia .....Mods, can you tell me what happened?

Last edited:
The Forum went through a major overhaul. We all went through the password two-step, but it's all better now! You just happened to skip over the change-

Guys, when I posted that yesterday, I didn't realize that I was a NOOB. Don't know what happened, but I've been a member since 2000. I'am not a frequent poster, but I guess I've been off too long as I had to request my user name and the system gave me a new password. My first rally was Trenton and the last was Wisconsin before Sedalia .....Mods, can you tell me what happened?
Yeah, I got an idea what went on :banghead I will forward info along.
Gary

TomMac -

Everyone's right. The other username had activity last on February 9 and then we had the forum redo. The best thing to do is to call Jeff in the office tomorrow and ask him to combine the two usernames. Have him search based upon your name and he should be able to find the older username and get you back to where you were. If you have any problems, let me know.

Sooooo glad to see this in my home town.

Come back and experience the minnesota state fair later in the month...AND, on 15 July, catch the MLB All Star Game in Minneapolis.

Trifecta.

Rally Logo

The Rally Logo is on the website, and we'd like to thank Scott Bigalke, Rockford, MN Member #194431 for his hard work in pulling this together.2014 rally logo.jpg

2014 will be Zone 3 Midwest, 2015 will be Zone 2 Mountain States (under contract), 2016 will be Zone 4 Eastern (several sites currently under review). This will complete the first 4 Zone rotation schedule which began with the 2013 Salem rally.

Sorry if this has been covered, but how can I find out what comprises "Zone 2 Mountain States"? Thanks!

Bob

Nice job on the search :thumb

attachment.php

The Rally Logo is on the website, and we'd like to thank Scott Bigalke, Rockford, MN Member #194431 for his hard work in pulling this together.View attachment 42767

I think the logo is quite unique.

Use of a paddle wheeler's ship's wheel over a motorcycle wheel is very creative. Well done Scott.

Just a head-scratching question: Any reason the patch does not identify the wearer as a BMW rider?

I think the logo is quite unique.

Use of a paddle wheeler's ship's wheel over a motorcycle wheel is very creative. Well done Scott.

Just a head-scratching question: Any reason the patch does not identify the wearer as a BMW rider?

We could get into all the CI stuff again, but let's just say the 2014 BMW Motorcycle Owners of America wouldn't fit on the design. We decided to leave it clean, hoping that we all know what MOA is :D, and the bavarian flag in the quadrants passes the CI concerns.

We could get into all the CI stuff again, but let's just say the 2014 BMW Motorcycle Owners of America wouldn't fit on the design. We decided to leave it clean, hoping that we all know what MOA is :D, and the bavarian flag in the quadrants passes the CI concerns.

So, to avoid irritating those 'copyright infringement' sensitive Germans, wearing the patch will just identify us as "Motorcycle Owners?" :banghead

Bummer, but thanks for the prompt response.

Should be a great rally, no matter what you show up on!

Back