• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 BMWMOA National Rally

"Yes-sir-ree" !!!.... bus me 2 beer,

.... cause I'll "catch" the stich shop on the lake circle tour on the way in to the big show! They sometimes hold a lunch / open house on the Tue & Wed
before the rally anyhow; herding in a many of us as we approach the rally.

"travel'in" john

...join me in a "high noon" toast thanking Ted for his "communication" with the membership! Now the many of us enroute to/from Salem can
set a course to "flyby" next years rally site for a quick "look-see"; a familiarity ride around the joint; may even bury a cache.
And dosen't highway 12 look good between MN & OR!

Thanks for the comment on Hwy 12. Looks like a possible return trip route from Salem, which keeps me up North in hopefully cooler temps, rather than down through Utah and across Colorado through Kansas.....Walt E.:wave

Thread revival!

Came looking for the location of next year's rally... turns out that I'll be flying in to MSP the month before the rally to attend my godson's graduation from Carleton College. Don't know if we'll be able to make it back on the bike for the rally, but we'll see how jobs and finances are doing then.

Cheers,
Tom

A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor

The Fitzgerald Theater is only 5 miles away.

I have never attended a Rally before but would love to combine a live PHC and Rally in one..

Awesomeness achieved.

The Fitzgerald Theater is only 5 miles away.

I have never attended a Rally before but would love to combine a live PHC and Rally in one..

Awesomeness achieved.

Pretty sure PHC is not there during the summer. They usually take off. Sometimes they do a road trip.

Things didn't fall into place for me to attend the Salem rally, but this one looks feasible. It would be a good rest area for further western exploration...

Harry
western NY

Regarding the heat....

I was at the 2011 rally in Chippewa Falls. We camped...it was hot. Record temps for most of the country that summer. Still, had a great time there and at Bloomsburg a few weeks later.

True, in the last few years there have been some warm rallies. I just want to throw this true fact out there:
I live 70 miles south of St Paul. Last night I slept with open windows in flannel PJs with 2 blankets. Odds of a Bloomsburg type experience in 2014 are pretty tiny.

Not on the Fairgrounds schedule

I took a look at the events schedule for both the fairgrounds and the chamber of commerce. No BMWMOA is scheduled yet.

Does not surprise me. The the state fair calendar for the coming year is often not updated until after the fair in August.

True, in the last few years there have been some warm rallies. I just want to throw this true fact out there:
I live 70 miles south of St Paul. Last night I slept with open windows in flannel PJs with 2 blankets. Odds of a Bloomsburg type experience in 2014 are pretty tiny.

Tell me where the jet stream is and I can tell you what the weather will be for the rally.

If it is hot in MN at that time it will be miserable everywhere else in the midwest rally region. The end of July temps are going down, days can be warm but over night temps are dropping compared to the beginning of July. Shade is abundant on the MN fair grounds. The buildings are air conditioned.

Mosquitoes - In Fly-Over-Land we kid that the mosquito is the state bird. You will find them all over. The State Fair Grounds is in the middle of a seven county mosquito control district not on the fringe. You will see them but not a big deal.

Tell me where the jet stream is and I can tell you what the weather will be for the rally.

If it is hot in MN at that time it will be miserable everywhere else in the midwest rally region. The end of July temps are going down, days can be warm but over night temps are dropping compared to the beginning of July. Shade is abundant on the MN fair grounds. The buildings are air conditioned.

Mosquitoes - In Fly-Over-Land we kid that the mosquito is the state bird. You will find them all over. The State Fair Grounds is in the middle of a seven county mosquito control district not on the fringe. You will see them but not a big deal.

The Fairgrounds staff has also advised they eradicate pests....so leave your pests at home:brad

They even capture queen bees, and relocate the bees......I was there in June for Back to the 50's and it was hot...no mosquitoes in sight!!

Go Kevin!

Hmmmm......I could probably arrange a ride to there. Figure in roughly 2.5 hours, one way. I'm also considering a micro-brewery tour, which the Twin Cities has a fair amount of (which would also involve renting a bus). Looks like I have some work to do.
-K
I am planning to ride to the rally from central B.C., Canada so I appreciate all the info and brewery bus ideas you can provide. Go Kevin!

Yahoo, this will be our first. Minnie is just 8 hrs south of us so will come down to experience it all.

Calendar updated!

How cool is that?!! Yesterday I was thinking to ship my bike again to cross Canada next year. And now I could do both, join the rally AND cross Canada! :bliss

Back