• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2014 BMWMOA National Rally

The Fairgrounds staff has also advised they eradicate pests....so leave your pests at home:brad

They even capture queen bees, and relocate the bees......I was there in June for Back to the 50's and it was hot...no mosquitoes in sight!!

As a beekeeper, I don't find bees to be pests, they are very beneficial and, if you live in the US, you enjoy the fruits of their labor by eating food that they pollinate. And they are live and let live, you leave them alone and they won't bother you

Now, as to mosquitoes ..................................................:whistle

They're Preparing...

I took a look at the events schedule for both the fairgrounds and the chamber of commerce. No BMWMOA is scheduled yet.

I met a nice young lady from the Saint Paul Visitors and Convention Bureau a few weekends ago.. she was in Fargo promoting her city and its attractions during the Fargo Blues Fest. When I asked her if she was going to be at the MOA Rally next summer she was more than happy to share her excitement about it and asked if I had my hotel booked yet. She was one of a number of tourism people sent to Oregon this year to see how the event works, and was looking forward to "working with a great bunch of people." So, yes, we are on their radar.:dance

Don't forget the SS. Badger or the Lake Express....:wave

Unfortunately, they are not particularly dog friendly. Besides, the east coast of Lake Michigan has long been on my bucket list. And Barley really likes those big, clean lakes!

Unfortunately, they are not particularly dog friendly. Besides, the east coast of Lake Michigan has long been on my bucket list. And Barley really likes those big, clean lakes!

Checked with The SS Badger, dogs are permitted (but unfortunately not on deck)...They do have complimentary kennels, and Barley might not mind a four hour nap..:brow

Site visit to the fairgrounds this Friday and Saturday at 10 a.m. Enter the main gate on Snelling and head to the far north end of the grounds, at the pet building. MOA Board meeting is at 1:00. All members are welcome.
-K

I went on the tour today to check things out. I have determined there are no railroad tracks within sight or hearing, same for airports. There are a lot of places for camping with shade from real trees with plenty of grass. All the roads are paved. Main vendor building is huge. Over the next few months until July keep watching the magazine and the rally page for more info. It is a very nice facility.

I went on the tour today to check things out. I have determined there are no railroad tracks within sight or hearing, same for airports. There are a lot of places for camping with shade from real trees with plenty of grass. All the roads are paved. Main vendor building is huge. Over the next few months until July keep watching the magazine and the rally page for more info. It is a very nice facility.
Yup. :thumb Can't wait.
-K

Thanks

Yup. :thumb Can't wait.
-K

We had a great group of folks both days. Kevin tried to pick his campsite, but we didn't let him. We're planning a great party!!! The St Croix Bluffs area is beautiful, and an excellent ride. Good info will be coming in the next few months....stay tuned!

Our youngest son lived there for 11 years.Great area for camping,riding,fishing etc..Some pretty cool small towns in the region too.Looking forward to going.Ed

Those nasty "vechicle access fees" at State & County parks.....

.... nearby the rally site. AT $25 PER vehicle... roll in to Bluffs or Washington Co parks to camp before the rally with a flight of 4 and it will set you
back $118.00 before any tax's or a bag of ice! Can the MOA work with the state/county to suspend those fee's for motorcycles in July 2014? .:heart
If so MORE than a "handfull" of us from out of state may visit, ... otherwise a sour taste for many that discover this on arrival. :cry

(fees per web sites info...$118 based on 4 bikes in ONE camp "site" for ONE nite ...will they allow that?)

"travel'in" john

Having worked for cities and counties for over 30 years I'd say don't hold your breath that BMW MOA or the creator even can do much about those fees. I suppose a group contract of some sort might be negotiated with one entity for one park, but trying to ameliorate the greed or need of the local governments on any scale would be futile. We simply just don't go there while in Minnesota and a few other states. At their state park prices, I would head to the nearest commercial campground with a swimming pool, hot tub, and high speed Internet.

Somebody mentioned Dogs:)

Working Dogs are allowed everywhere we go, if you happen to have the doggy vest and documented dog:). Maybe this was answered already. There are no exceptions I know. Shade and trees will be welcome rally feat, less seen at many rallies. Welcome that. With the exception of Redmond, most all our GSGiants have rough camped it many years, too many. It kind a comes with the GS and dirt phenom, but the back 40 of a rally is old. I know, violins in chorus sounding off. We sure have had some great times, no matter. Im a roughneck at heart so I follow my GSA wherever it lands, just some trees and grass are always neat for luxury camps:). Randy

Having worked for cities and counties for over 30 years I'd say don't hold your breath that BMW MOA or the creator even can do much about those fees. I suppose a group contract of some sort might be negotiated with one entity for one park, but trying to ameliorate the greed or need of the local governments on any scale would be futile. We simply just don't go there while in Minnesota and a few other states. At their state park prices, I would head to the nearest commercial campground with a swimming pool, hot tub, and high speed Internet.

We stayed at Great River Bluffs Campground near Winona. We paid the campsite fee, and each of us paid a $5.00 daily vehicle fee. (we were there only overnight).

There are many commercial campgrounds enroute. One of our favorites since it hosts our local rally, is Money Creek Haven. http://moneycreekhaven.com/ approx. 150 mi south of the Rally, in MN Bluff Country....great roads in the area.

Lanesboro has a city park campground, and several surrounding campgrounds.
http://www.lanesboro.com/where-to-stay/campgrounds

Along the Mississippi River in Iowa is a great park Pikes Peak State Park:
Pikes Peak State Park is one of the most photographed places in Iowa. Pikes Peak is rich in natural, cultural and historical resources, and famed for its majestic views of the Mississippi River. Stand atop the 500 foot bluff (1,130 foot elevation) for a breathtaking view and see the confluence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi rivers.

or across the river in WI at Wyalusing State Park.

In the North:
We just camped at this one: http://www.duluthindianpointcampground.com/campsites

Lots of opportunities, and I would check with the DNR to inquire about their campgrounds and charges.

Along the Mississippi River in Iowa is a great park Pikes Peak State Park:
Pikes Peak State Park is one of the most photographed places in Iowa. Pikes Peak is rich in natural, cultural and historical resources, and famed for its majestic views of the Mississippi River. Stand atop the 500 foot bluff (1,130 foot elevation) for a breathtaking view and see the confluence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi rivers.

Hmm. is that the Pike's Peak from Peter Egan's trip on his 50cc?
Noel

Back