• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2014 BMWMOA National Rally

squiffynimrod

blah blah blah
will be announced today at the Board meeting.

Events Jackie Hughes 2:15 ? 2:30

? Weekend Getaways

? 2014 Rally Announcement

Guesses?

--> 2013 West Zone 1
--> 2014 Midwest Zone 3
--> 2015 Mountains Zone 2
--> 2016 East Zone 4

The URL for the zone map disappeared, use this link to see it on a preview: https://www.google.ca/search?safe=o...hp%3F62811-New-Rally-Schedule%2Fpage2;616;359

Sedalia? Bloomsburg? We returned to Redmond, so why not? :rofl

Last edited:
2014 will be Zone 3 Midwest, 2015 will be Zone 2 Mountain States (under contract), 2016 will be Zone 4 Eastern (several sites currently under review). This will complete the first 4 Zone rotation schedule which began with the 2013 Salem rally.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear now that I've read it again.
Choices in Zone 3, not choices of zones. I cut and pasted to show the diff. zones and years.
Please make it too far away from me so I can finally go to Alaska.

What's the news....

...it's 1:00pm EDT Sunday. They've read the morning paper on the left coast by now.... where is this rally you speak of ?

So where is it?

So where is it? Also, by reading the agenda from the meeting, I'm guessing they selected Bob Aldridge as the new executive director?

Somebody...

...join me in a "high noon" toast thanking Ted for his "communication" with the membership! Now the many of us enroute to/from Salem can
set a course to "flyby" next years rally site for a quick "look-see"; a familiarity ride around the joint; may even bury a cache.
And dosen't highway 12 look good between MN & OR!

Well, I guess there ought to be plenty of hotel rooms. The Fairgrounds at the intersection of Snelling and Como is almost in the very middle of the metro area with a population of 3.3 million people. It's been a while, if ever, that BMW MOA had an urban rally.

NOTE: Edited to change the wrong street "lexington" to the right street "Snelling". I knew that - just a case of outgassing of the brain.

Last edited:
MN State Fairgrounds...many great roads to get there...cool temps.
Sweet.

That's about 10 miles from my suburban house.

I'll be there, barring any unforeseen circumstances between now and then.

I'll already volunteer to volunteer as well.

Randy, to the beergarden!

Thank you Ted! The MN state fairgrounds are about 90 miles from my house. Looks like a ride around Lake Superior to get there!

Well, I guess there ought to be plenty of hotel rooms. The Fairgrounds at the intersection of Lexington and Como is almost in the very middle of the metro area with a population of 3.3 million people. It's been a while, if ever, that BMW MOA had an urban rally.

Actually, it's Snelling and Como. But, yeah, just to the east of Minneapolis proper and just to the west of St. Paul proper. Quite urban. Should be interesting. The Minnesota State Fairgrounds is really like its own small town.

Ahh, the Fairgrounds, Como Park Zoo...I remember it well...er, as well as 40 years ago! My grandparents lived within a stone's throw of both places!!

I was at the 2011 rally in Chippewa Falls. We camped...it was hot. Record temps for most of the country that summer. Still, had a great time there and at Bloomsburg a few weeks later.

Back