• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sweepstakes Tickets..

Bought my ticket today online. No issues...................................

except it was a new card that I hadn't activated. Said it couldn't process. ???? Ohhhhhhhh!
Activated card, smooth as butter.

Just pick my name.

Any Idea How Many Tickets sold?

So... can some one chime in and let us know how many tickets have been sold?
Would be curious to know what the odd are for the Early Bird Drawing.

So... can some one chime in and let us know how many tickets have been sold?
Would be curious to know what the odd are for the Early Bird Drawing.

I believe last year this time it was 3-thousand something. Don't ask me to recall where I heard that. :scratch

I broke down and decided to buy a ticket this year. At $100 per ticket, it's a bit pricey though.

My thoughts...YMMV...

I thought the same as you last year but figured- What the heck. Even if I don't win anything the money is going to a worthy cause,
possibly saving fellow rider's lives through education. Maybe if there had been a Camp Gears when I was a kid, I wouldn't have had that crash at 16 yrs of age and not had 40 years of constant, daily knee pain.

A current co-worker spent her previous career working for the American Cancer Society and shared with me the information that for every $1
contributed, only 5c gets to the researchers.

I've also seen a few $100 raffles where the only prize is a new Harley-Davidson or a Camaro or something.
The $100 price here basically gives you what, 12or13 chances for a bike?
I won the K1300S last year. (and swapped it out for a '11 R1200RT)

Ciao!
George

Last edited:
I believe last year this time it was 3-thousand something. Don't ask me to recall where I heard that. :scratch

The number for the early bird will be around 3,000. The office is processing a flood of last minute orders, but it should be close. Drawing is May 11! Good luck.

Got my ticket in the mail today and, while I never gamble, the only way I would ever get a new Beemer is to win one :) Plus, my brother won a $30K Harley a few years ago with a single $100 raffle ticket so I figure maybe some karma might run in the family!

Best of luck to all!

I bought two tickets this year, one for 'option A' and one for 'option B', plus I am in the early bird drawing. So I figure I have a 2 in 3000 chance for the early bird, then a one in 5000 chance for both bonus drawings, (assuming there is an equal amount in both options, but what if there is a real disproportionately low number in one of the options,..then I'm covered there too with even better odds) plus all the regular drawings!

I won a set of tires the first year on a one $20 ticket purchase, nothing the second year on a two $20 ticket purchase, skipped last year in protest of the price to play cost going up 500%, but broke down and got a single ticket this year. I figure even if I don't win I am still to the good, as the Metzler tires I won had to be worth around $350, so as of this year I am out $160 for a $350 pair of tires, plus the money goes to a good cause. Kind of wish they had the other smaller prizes thrown in as well, but I'm sure that was a logistic nightmare!

Good luck all who bought tickets, fun to dream about, eh?

Back