• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I'm just a number in the big MOA system

Therefore I wait...

...another few days myself before initiating a HQ call to action on my similar situation. I have NO IT skills & am not even very good with the
lingo... like 90951 on his list of 1 through 4, but the magazine arrived!
I was 179219 in this thread for awhile .... till I "stumbled" on the method to change BACK to my username...promptly "changing" 1 through 4
like he did. If the "number" would have been my membership # .... I could have been OK with that.

"travel'in" john.....

or a short cut would be to click on the "Threadside Assistance Program" link in my sig line area.
HTH. Gary

Thanks, I had forgotten what the Threadside Program link was for.
Someone might ask Bob to update the EXECDIR information.

I didn't know MOA had a IT person. I take it this is not a full time position?

Lee -

Jeff Betz is listed as the System Administrator on the MOA contact page. He is a full time employee. I consider him the IT person. He and the ExecDir are working closely with outside agencies to migrate the MOA homepage and forum to new servers and software.

I'm not an IT person and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

I am an information technology professional. I'm not going to beat them up. I don't have the inclination to help nor if they are operating like most information technology groups would they accept it. I could discuss the info tech society of (l)user abuse, and "this is hard so failure is an option" culture. We could discuss the "something shiny' and "change for change" of operational managers that don't understand risk. I could even discuss the fact the SOAP error mentioned output my password in plain text which is just about as stupid as they can get. The infotech noob will say, "But that error is coming back to you so what the heck is the problem?" The answer is you just sent my password over the Internet in plaintext! I won't even discuss the fact they are storing our passwords in plain text in the database, as human readable, which is also pretty stupid and a violation of several auditing guidelines (like PCI). Nope, I'm not upset or going to make any threats to take my ball and go home. I've just realized the value to risk of the forum and MOA is to little value for to much risk.

The soap error was displaying what you typed into the username and password boxes. It wasn't pulling from the database. Still not a great error message but it's fixed now.

I'm sorry you lost your post history. I can merge your two profiles if you like but i can't get the post history back.

Back