• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I'm just a number in the big MOA system

Seems like you've always been a "number". There are two of those usernames in the system. One registered in 2003 and one registered in 2006. The "identify" you used today is the one with the most activity. You can call the office on Monday and see what they can do. Likely, they should delete the unused account.

I ...uh...

.... feel your pain.... once upon a time - I too was something more than my "number". But that's how the govbment has always seen me, and
I keep gettin by.....it's that it's like an institutional number that has me uneasy. Should we sew it on the riding suit above or below the MOA patch?

Member once known as....
FlyHi2cFar .:blush

Yeah a number of things carried over funny- my username (along with many others) is now in all CAPS :dunno If you look at my sig line, where there once was quote (") marks, there is now something I can't reproduce. The sig line I can fix myself but I thought I'd leave it as an example.
The username is something that has to be fixed at the office and considering the hammering they have taken, I'll get it fixed later when things calm down. OM

you do good work...

...Omega Man... I woke up this morning feeling attached to my number.
Possibly because last nite after my post, seeking comfort with my identity,
I took a sharpie marker to my sleep t-shirt... the ink bled through onto my chest... it appears to be indelible ink. I am 179219....:brow

Last edited:
...so we consulted with the cat...

Go with what your cat says. :D

Or you can ask our Abyssinian Oracle:

suri%20april%20pics%20225-L.jpg

Last edited:
Similar issue

Seems like you've always been a "number". There are two of those usernames in the system. One registered in 2003 and one registered in 2006. The "identify" you used today is the one with the most activity. You can call the office on Monday and see what they can do. Likely, they should delete the unused account.

I joined some time ago and now again thinking of getting a BMW. So I thought I would sign in and ask about dealer recommendations. I'm a number. I'm sure I was a person before. The website is definitely having issues. Server warnings etc.

Last edited:
Yeah a number of things carried over funny- my username (along with many others) is now in all CAPS :dunno If you look at my sig line, where there once was quote (") marks, there is now something I can't reproduce. The sig line I can fix myself but I thought I'd leave it as an example.
The username is something that has to be fixed at the office and considering the hammering they have taken, I'll get it fixed later when things calm down. OM

For those of us who are not "in the know", who has been responsible for this whole process, an MOA employee or a contractor?

What have the been the difficulties that has resulted in the extensive delays? It was advertised as an "over the weekend" process. User expectations were set by that statement. It is not surprising that the office has been getting calls.

Why, at this point, are there still problems?

Perhaps some explanation would go a long way in re-setting members expectations as to when things will be resolved. :dunno

I have not had any problems. I signed in, changed password. Still have the username. I have had not to sign in every time or when on different computers.

For those of us who are not "in the know", who has been responsible for this whole process, an MOA employee or a contractor?

What have the been the difficulties that has resulted in the extensive delays? It was advertised as an "over the weekend" process. User expectations were set by that statement. It is not surprising that the office has been getting calls.

Why, at this point, are there still problems?

Perhaps some explanation would go a long way in re-setting members expectations as to when things will be resolved. :dunno
We are working on it Bud- that is as best as we can from this side of the screen. Kurt and I figured how to stay on during the down time and it didn't look like thinks went too easy. I have a feeling this brought up some resources that will be available in the future to help us through any problems. We have actually figured out a few things today that are helping to get things back on track. Gary

We are working on it Bud- that is as best as we can from this side of the screen. Kurt and I figured how to stay on during the down time and it didn't look like thinks went too easy. I have a feeling this brought up some resources that will be available in the future to help us through any problems. We have actually figured out a few things today that are helping to get things back on track. Gary

I wasn't being critical of you guys. You are volunteers who are doing WAYYYYY above and beyond. Thanks to you all!!!! :thumb:thumb:thumb

My point is that MOA is a multi-million $, professional organization, with the financial resources to have professionals do this right and not force you guys to scramble around patching stuff, just to keep the forum afloat.

This forum is a tremendous asset to MOA. We are not the MOA orphan-bastard-step-child. It should get the resources and attention it gets to function correctly.

Volunteer mods SHOULD NOT have to be programmers, fireman, or apologists for the lack of help.

I've made my thoughts known to the BOD. Looking forward to their response.

THAT... "statement of fact".....

should be "pasted" onto the home page header for about the next TWO WEEKS.... or in MOA timeline; over the weekend!
I am 179219...says it on my chest.

I wasn't being critical of you guys. You are volunteers who are doing WAYYYYY above and beyond. Thanks to you all!!!! :thumb:thumb:thumb

My point is that MOA is a multi-million $, professional organization, with the financial resources to have professionals do this right and not force you guys to scramble around patching stuff, just to keep the forum afloat.

This forum is a tremendous asset to MOA. We are not the MOA orphan-bastard-step-child. It should get the resources and attention it gets to function correctly.

Volunteer mods SHOULD NOT have to be programmers, fireman, or apologists for the lack of help.

My thoughts exactly.

In over twenty years on the internet I have NEVER seen a forum that had so many problems or was down for more than a day.

well I called the office. I'm stuck. I can log into the forum with my number, but the main web page I log in with my alias. I think the main office r' confused'd

You should be able to log in with your regular username and password now

You should be able to log in with your regular username and password now

Welcome to the site Jeff. Could you fill in your bio so we know a little about you and where you're from.
I see you're an admin. Are you saying you're an admin on this site???

he's THe admin

How can he be THE Admin and only belong to the site for less than a month and only have two post?
An admin should be one of the most active members of a site.
If Jeff is THE Admin, it would be nice if he filled in his bio.

Jeff is the IT guy in the MOA home office, can be considered considered an Administrator from a system standpoint. When I saw Sam's post that he had called the office and things didn't work out, I emailed Jeff and asked him to look into the problem. He said there was a "SOAP" error...you'll have to google that! He found the issue and corrected it. But these major changes which affect usernames and merging accounts, etc., can have consequences or reset information.

How can he be THE Admin and only belong to the site for less than a month and only have two post?
An admin should be one of the most active members of a site.
If Jeff is THE Admin, it would be nice if he filled in his bio.
For the interested, at the bottom of the main page, you can click on "View Forum Leaders" or a short cut would be to click on the "Threadside Assistance Program" link in my sig line area.
HTH. Gary

Back