• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Something about an RT

Bud

It is what it is.
I have owned the following BMW's, in order:

K 1100 LT

R 1100 RT

R 1100 GS

R 1100 R

and now another R 1100 RT

My riding buddy asked how it was to ride an RT again and I said "Like coming home".

This latest one I picked up in Louisville last week. A 1999 with 37,XXX miles. Blue (the fastest color). It has a couple of things I'm going to get rid of: highway pegs and a Remus exhaust. Like the Aeroflow windshield. BMW comfort seat that isn't so comfortable and most likely will get another Kontour. Has aux lights (currently not working). Clutch switch was shot so I bypassed it. Neutral light is "iffy". Tires good for the rest of this year (Blitz to Branson, RA at the Builtmore, BMWST UN Rally at Blowing Rock, NC). Added a Big Mak flip up tank bag and GS mirrors. Still need footpeg lowering kit (including shift and brake levers). Have an extra CeeBailey's screen as well as the stock screen. Hyperlight brake light flasher.

My son is razzing me by asking "how many BMW motorcycles can you buy for the same $3,000?" and I said several.

Here is a pic.

RT.jpg

Spring is iffy here right now. Last Sunday rode to Cape Girardeau, MO for a RTE with the Shawnee Area Riders Association. Very nice day in the 70's. 43 here right now. Hope it warms up next week for the ride to Branson.

Bud,
Good looking RT! Dad has one just like that in grey metalic. Good bike for cold weather, great protection.

looking at the longrange forcast looks like it will be somewhere between 50-70 during daylight hours.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Ken

Bud,
Good looking RT! Dad has one just like that in grey metalic. Good bike for cold weather, great protection.

looking at the longrange forcast looks like it will be somewhere between 50-70 during daylight hours.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Ken

Thanks Ken. The check came a couple of days ago. Thanks.

I hope it is more 70 than 50.

See ya in Branson.

I have a 98 Rt and am curious as to how the forward footpeg mounts attach to the bike and did the the fairing have to be cut or modified at all. I do not want to cut my beautiful fairing.

Thanks,
Mark

The fairing is not modified any any way.

The pegs mount to the cly head and the motor.

These pictures show both.

Bolt to cyl head

IMG_0212.JPG

Single bolt to engine goes thru fairing opening and under exhaust pipe as shown in photo above.

IMG_0213.JPG

Can not get Flea market post to work for me.

I will post both the pegs and the Remus exhaust as soon as it is fixed.

Dang, how did I miss that one!

That's a great deal and a very nice looking RT.

Here's to Louisville.....Championship town!!

I think that I was eyeballing this bike at the Tennessee Rally 5-7 years ago because I took an interest in those pegs. Did this machine also have a trailer hitch mounted on it sometime ago?

I agree... to a point!

Hey Bud,
I'm right there with ya man. My 2000 was my dream bike when I got it 13 years ago, and it truly still is.

You said you are looking to change out your seat... I just did mine and put together a video run done of what I had done if it helps any.
http://motofrog.net/videos/19-farkles-accessories/10-motorcycle-seats

Of course the one thing I must correct you on... BLACK is the fastest color, everyone knows that! :thumb

I think that I was eyeballing this bike at the Tennessee Rally 5-7 years ago because I took an interest in those pegs. Did this machine also have a trailer hitch mounted on it sometime ago?

I don't see any evidence of having a hitch. The seller never mentioned it. No wiring etc.....

Hey Bud,
I'm right there with ya man. My 2000 was my dream bike when I got it 13 years ago, and it truly still is.

You said you are looking to change out your seat... I just did mine and put together a video run done of what I had done if it helps any.
http://motofrog.net/videos/19-farkles-accessories/10-motorcycle-seats

Of course the one thing I must correct you on... BLACK is the fastest color, everyone knows that! :thumb

Of course BLACK, why didn't I think of that???? :dunno

Nice video.

I'm sold on the Kontour. Put it on the bike, rode 5,000 in one month including an Iron Butt ride to Redmond. Never even thought about the seat. It did it's job, was cool, comfortable and I loved it. Unfortunately, I let it go when I sold my previous RT.

So it's a matter of time till I save up enough motorcycle bucks to buy another.

But if you buy my Remus exhaust, I will be closer. :thumb

Saddle Up?

SiBud,
Been there...
Still there... and lovin' my lady in Graphite Grey.
I'm reading that your baby might need a better seat.
Got an OEM Saddle from my '04 RT to donate to the cause, NOS.
Check your numbers and see if it will work.
If you want it, send me a pm.
Ride on,
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 122
SiBud,
Been there...
Still there... and lovin' my lady in Graphite Grey.
I'm reading that your baby might need a better seat.
Got an OEM Saddle from my '04 RT to donate to the cause, NOS.
Check your numbers and see if it will work.
If you want it, send me a pm.
Ride on,
Jim

Thanks Jim. Sent you a PM

Back