• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"If" you were to win the bike of your choice...

oldnslow

It's a way of life!
If...you were to win the 'bike of your choice' drawing, what bike would you choose? Me, I think it would have to be the last of the GSA's. Just because I know I could sell it for decent money if I didn't like it. I want to try one for a season, but don't want to spend the cash it takes to get one 'set up' with the bags and windshield and other farkles. I'm very happy with my RT, but there are lots and lots of dirt roads in my area I have never been down. The GSA just might be fun.

Perhaps something smaller...

I have an RT now. I think something smaller like the G650GS or even the F700GS would be great.
I live near the foothills of the Cascades in SW Washington. I've wanted to explore those for a LONG time.

Rob in Vancouver...

...but don't want to spend the cash it takes to get one 'set up' with the bags and windshield and other farkles.

If you're talking about the 'option A' any new BMW drawing in the Superstakes, it includes a $5K budget for accessorising.

I'd take a GS non-A, although I'd be hard-pressed to decide between a 'leftover' '12 model or the new GS. I used to have an '07 and LOVED it, thought it was about the most perfect bike ever made...but the new GS is really alluring too, especially after putting eyes on a few of them today at my local dealer's open-house. Decision, decisions...

I'd get a scooter. I'd love one for just riding around but don't need to spend money for a new ride. Plenty of bikes already.

I'd get a scooter. I'd love one for just riding around but don't need to spend money for a new ride. Plenty of bikes already.

I agree. I bought a used Burgman Maxi-scooter last fall and it has been a blast. I would get a new one for the ABS, heated grips and heated seat. I got it to ride around locally but I find myself riding it on long rides through crooked mountain roads. If BMW would only lower the seat height on their scooters..........................

I was interested in the F800GT but the lack of cruise control leaves me with 3 choices. R1200RT / K1300GT / R1200GSA I would have to ride each before selecting one. All of the 3 have more than adequate power, great brakes (ABS), heated grips, cruise control, an upright seating position, and many other features (too many to list). I ride solo and prefer a bike without a top case as a U-bag allows me to pack bulkier items with easy access. To win any of the Sweepstakes prizes would be great.

RIDE SAFE

F800GS, I like my GT but after seeing "Teach" McNeil on the F800GS on a track (YouTube) it seems the 800 will do anything I am capable of and more.

The K1600GT is too big, the F800GT doesn't have all the bells and whistles (yet) and as much as I would love a S1000RR, it would never be ridden to it's potential, so why bother.........

Win

Just to get things going, I'd get the most expensive bike that BMW makes, load it with accessories, and donate it to the Foundation!

Since I'm very happy with my RT, I was also thinking a bit smaller- the F800GT - but Paul now has me thinking about a scooter....

If...you were to win the 'bike of your choice' drawing, what bike would you choose? Me, I think it would have to be the last of the GSA's. Just because I know I could sell it for decent money if I didn't like it. I want to try one for a season, but don't want to spend the cash it takes to get one 'set up' with the bags and windshield and other farkles. I'm very happy with my RT, but there are lots and lots of dirt roads in my area I have never been down. The GSA just might be fun.

A new HP4. I wish I could enter.

Boy tough decision...

As Paul said, the scooter? I keep looking at them and wonder how they would work as a "short range ride". I use to own a Dakar but sold it; yea I know kind of foolish. So I'm torn between a Sertao or a C 650GT.

Most definitely...

Honda-Dakar-Rally-2013-Bike-1.jpg

Back