• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2013 BMW Dealer List POI US Garmin

Apologies if someone already sent this out but I could not find it anywhere. I wanted to update my GPS with BMW dealers to prepare for an upcoming trip across country.
I pulled the BMW dealer list from BMW, it was dated March 2013, then spent a couple hours adding the GPS coordinates.

Lynn
Nice Job Lynn! I'm going to add this to the "Best of GPS" thread in the Best or Forum section.
Gary

2014 BMW Dealer List POI US Garmin

Updated with 2014 extract from BMW site dated 1/6/2014

Use the exact same procedure as original post just substitute 2014 for 2013.

View attachment Lynn's 2014 BMW Dealers.zip

Let me know if you have any problems.

Lynn

PS: for those around Raleigh, I changed Capitol BMW's address to the new location effective May 2.
PSS: and yes, this time I wrote down the procedure. Hopefully next time it doesn't take 4 hours.

I have to use some tool to aggregate the files. Do you have a preference? or is their a single file you are after?

A MS Excel file would be fine which is how I have my much older BMW dealer lists filed.

I have those files (Excel and Garmin) for BMW Germany, Austria, Northern Italy and a bit of France if you are interested. Again, they are older but dealers there tend to not move often.

I get through step 9 fine but then I get a message the csv file is invalid and that's the end of that.

I get through step 9 fine but then I get a message the csv file is invalid and that's the end of that.

I think I have made this mistake multiple times, usually when I answer the prompts incorrectly and point to a folder with multiple CSV files in it.

I just downloaded the zip and ran thru the procedure one more time. Running POI loader v2.7.3. No issues.

Assuming you are on a windows machine and you extracted the zip under it's default name "attachment" to your Documents.
The path to that folder is: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\attachment.
Under attachment is a folder named "Lynn's 2014 BMW Dealers".
Under that is a folder named "US BMW Dealers January 2014".

This is the folder you should enter into POI loader. It should only have one CSV file in it named "US BMW Dealers January 2014 for Garmin POI Loader.csv"

So in this example the path is:
C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\attachment\Lynn's 2014 BMW Dealers\US BMW Dealers January 2014

If any other CSV's exist in that folder, not in the correct format, you will get the error you mentioned.

Did you skip steps 10,11 and 12?

Last edited:
The last step I did was 8. It didn't like what I'd done to that point so it complained about step 9. I didn't go any further at that point. I'll try again with the added information next time I have the Garmin in from the car. Thanks.

I updated the list on my Nuvi 550 and BMW Zumo.
Thanks for taking the time to update the dealer list.

I haven't updated it for 2015 due to my crazy work schedule. I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dude, you so totally rock!!!

i wish I had your tutorial years ago when the Alabama club was pushing out poi files that I had no idea how to load or access. This is the greatest post/thread I have ever seen on the forums. I can help, maybe, if I can learn how to modify the file i can update that which I know has changed, like the PENSACOLA BMW has moved to a new location, and I could change that (there LAT/LONG is on their web site and i have it saved on site on my zumo). I know Pandoras is touting it has moved to a new location in an add I think, but If I could I'd like to update what I know has changed and repost to the thread. I think if we all QC'd it with our local knowledge, we could have a serious product.

Back