• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2006 RT brake flush/bleed problem

mpmarty

22,000 miles on my RT and two and a half years since dealer flushed brake system (whizzy type). I have done my own service on my 04 RT and had no problems. I gave up on the 06 as I cannot disconnect the controller on the module under the tank. On the 04 there was a locking tab on the rear of the connector and after pulling it to the rear the connector block came off no problem. The 06 is different and I'm stumped (again). I managed to do the flush anyway but for future reference I'd like to know the trick to getting this thing apart.
Thanks all.

Don't know if the RT is the same as my GS. On the GS the lever lifts from the side. It's held in place by a detent that must be depressed to lift the lever up. You can see it in this pic.

p-20110123-1434-2631.jpg

22,000 miles on my RT and two and a half years since dealer flushed brake system (whizzy type). I have done my own service on my 04 RT and had no problems. I gave up on the 06 as I cannot disconnect the controller on the module under the tank. On the 04 there was a locking tab on the rear of the connector and after pulling it to the rear the connector block came off no problem. The 06 is different and I'm stumped (again). I managed to do the flush anyway but for future reference I'd like to know the trick to getting this thing apart.
Thanks all.

It as been a year and a half since I flushed my brakes (and I have not yet had my morning coffee), but I do not remember needing to disconnect any electrical connections from the ABS module? I was using the Jim vonBaden and repRom DVDs for guidance.

On my last flush (two weeks ago), we had to disconnect the controller module because the bleeders were tight and we couldn't get a wrench around them.

+1

Access to the bleed screws is much better with the connector out of the way. I was too stupid to disconnect it my first time around. :laugh

Back