• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Mahle KL13 Fuel Filters

kentuvman

Gang:

I installed (2) of this filter on the R65LS

Was thinking of installing on R60/5 along with the new fuel hose.

Okay choice?

Attachments

• Mahle KL13.jpg
    Mahle KL13.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 160
Ken,

I have a lot of confidence in Mahle Brand filters. Your selection seems like a good choice although I have no experience with that particular brand and model filter. I prefer the see-through canister for my bikes. Personal choice. As I understand it the condition of the inside of your tank is in very good condition. May be a good idea to use one for a few tank fulls after buttoning things up to catch any small debris that you are not aware of.

I have some original red lead tank liner flaking on my R65 after over 10 years of non-use before the restoration and found the addition of a gas filter to solve some of my carb problems. The small bullet style sintered filters weren't doing the job so I moved to the paper filters. Not very aesthetically pleasing but is doing the job quite well with plenty of fuel flow and protecting small debris from entering the carbs. I'm using the Visu-Filter High Flow from Bike Bandit with very good results to this point.

http://www.bikebandit.com/visu-filter-high-flow-high-capacity-fuel-filter

-Mike V.

Ken,

I have a lot of confidence in Mahle Brand filters. Your selection seems like a good choice although I have no experience with that particular brand and model filter. I prefer the see-through canister for my bikes. Personal choice. As I understand it the condition of the inside of your tank is in very good condition. May be a good idea to use one for a few tank fulls after buttoning things up to catch any small debris that you are not aware of.

I have some original red lead tank liner flaking on my R65 after over 10 years of non-use before the restoration and found the addition of a gas filter to solve some of my carb problems. The small bullet style sintered filters weren't doing the job so I moved to the paper filters. Not very aesthetically pleasing but is doing the job quite well with plenty of fuel flow and protecting small debris from entering the carbs. I'm using the Visu-Filter High Flow from Bike Bandit with very good results to this point.

http://www.bikebandit.com/visu-filter-high-flow-high-capacity-fuel-filter

-Mike V.

Cool looking fuel filters, Mike!

Ken, I have used this style filter for 30 years in air cooled vw's, and 12 years in my R 100 GSPD, never had a problem. also it is nice to see the fuel flow, and any debris that might show up.

Attachments

• DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 120
Ken, I have used this style filter for 30 years in air cooled vw's, and 12 years in my R 100 GSPD, never had a problem. also it is nice to see the fuel flow, and any debris that might show up.

I think it says "Universal" fuel filters but the flash washed it out.
These look pretty good. 3 questions for ya: Brand? Price? Where to buy?

morning, I get these at my local VW parts shop, ( air cooled of course ), they cost about $2 US each, less if you buy a case. I am not sure who makes them, the box says universal filters, and they are made in Israel. I am sure any VW shop would have them. or ones like them.

Back