• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A couch for a European traveler needed this summer.

RapidRoadRescue

Hi all, Friend of mine is planing to travel across US and Canada this summer and I'm looking for a safe place for her to crash overnight.
She will be traveling alone so "SAFE" is the key. I know there is allot good folks out there who will spare couch to a traveler just like I would do.
The route is not fully set yet but almost complete, I will keep updates coming.

She is a 27 year old and love to travel, lives in Warsaw Poland. She rode across Europe with a friend on a little 125cc Suzuki's and now the big continent got her going forward.
As at now I can't say what motorcycle she will be riding on but soon we will get the official info.

What I'm asking for:
Would you spare a couch in exchange of great travel story?

If you can help please reply with you Zip and we will add you to the route map, I will get the official route soon for everyone.

Also feel free to pm me.

Ride Safe, Martin

Here is a pic of her after completing European tour.

315693_2265455674805_931502152_n_zpsf8c849c2.jpg

Edit:

Here is a updated map of the ride, I'm not sure if it is in alphabetic order but those are the points of interest.

1064043_549078755128451_1142765954_o_zpsaadf4b35.jpg

UPDATE
Veronika landed April 23 2014 in New York and curently traveling south west on the roads of Jersey and Virginias.

Martin

Last edited:
Martin, we need to know her approximate travel dates as many of us are also on the road during the summer.

I would encourage her to route the trip along the north shore of Lake Superior. Scenery is spectacular and the road is a treat.

Otherwise she's not coming through this neck of the woods so I can't really help out.

95301, looks like she is coming right down Hwy 99 in Cali. If timing is good, I have a couch in a safe 'hood.

Please be patient with my reply's to all PM's, I will update with a dates as soon those available to me.
I had no idea how this post would take off and it shows how great motorcycle community work.

I'm very happy there is a many good folks out there willing to help out.

Martin.

98596. Spare bedroom and bath. And my doctor at the VA is a Polish woman, so could arrange a visit. Hope my wife and I will be home when she comes through.

Update:

For those who ask for dates, start will be in first week of June and the route will start in New York and go south west riding the southern portion first.

Martin

05672 in Stowe, Vermont.

I would LOVE to meet someone from Warszawa! I've long been fascinated with Polish history and would relish the opportunity!

We have a guest room in a 160 year old farmhouse on a forested hillside in northern Vermont. My wife has worked in the state tourism industry for decades and can fill your friend in on all the local sights and attractions. I'll help with route selection. She must love dogs, though. We have three very friendly golden retrievers (including Barley the sidecar adventure dog), and at least one considers the guest bed his own, though is happy to share.

Must know the dates, though. Barley and I will be riding the entire month of July.

Oh, and I highly concur with the suggestion to ride over Lake Superior.

Pete

If she comes thru Montana, and why in Heaven's name would she not come thru Big Sky country, she's welcome to stay with Annie and me in Helena. She can also have access to a fully equipped shop. As with everyone else, timing is everything. mid-June to late July are heavy travel times.

A place in Nova Scotia

If she wants to come a little further East, we have a place, and could suggest some rides (Cabot Trail ring any bells?)

I can't help with a stay...as I'm inland a bunch. But I do agree with seeing the Great Lakes, and looking at the map...she is so close to the Grand Canyon..!! she's gotta map it in somehow. Hope she enjoy's our country. It is kinda neat.

BTW...be sure to tell her that when in the west, if she sees gas...buy gas! There can be long stretches without.

I would encourage her to "push" the route between DC & SC a tad west into the blue ridge mtns/valleys ... WV & TN/NC.
A ton (like coal) of folks from Poland made the mines of WV their US home in the 30's & 40's...it reminded THEM of home I'm told.

Let get this tread going again, Last year trip did not happen due to other reasons.
She was able to continue her quest and allready state side on the roads of Jersey and Virginias.
On that note couch is needed in Buena Vista, Va. or near by area.

Thank you all for any help.

Back