• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Parking in or near las Vegas

MCMXCIVRS

More toys than space
I'm heading down to RawHyde next month with my F800GS, but since there's a high likelyhood of unridable winter conditions yet on the way down, I'll be loading it in my truck. I was thinking that I should be able to ride from Las Vegas the rest of the way to their location outside of LA, but I'm having trouble coming up with a secure parking spot for my truck. I'd need to leave it for a litlle over a week, and don't want to return to find it mising in whole or in part.

Anyone in the area have any sugesstions on secure vehicle parking, preferably someplace that will entertain me unloading and reloading the GS in their space. I searched for airport parking lots, but could come up with anything commercial off site and on the airport itself I couldn't determine whether or not they are secure for long term parking. I am open to option in other locations too as long as they are safely south of the snow line.

You can park it in my driveway, or in front of my house. My wife is a stay at home mom, so it's a little piece of mind.

While that wasn't what I was looking for, your offer might fit the bill. I'll do some more investigating and if I come up empty handed I will discuss your offer further. My travel date is to leave home on the 17th of April which would put me in Vegas mid to late day on the 18th, and I'd be returning on the 27th from RawHyde.

Thanks.

Parking in or near Las Vegas

Hi Ed
Your more than welcome to park at my place. I have unloading and loading available. I'm in Apple Valley, CA which is about 190 miles from Las Vagas, toward LA.

This plan was somewhat derailed with the forum downtime followed by other travel that kept me off line. Not sure if this is a bit late to start making arrangement now, so at this point I'm thinking I may just drive all the way to the Rawhyde ranch.

I appreciate the offers.

Back