• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bolts, nuts, screws....

nelliott

Cowboyatheart
Hi all,

I just purchased a Wunderlich navigator mount (http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/R1200RT/8600887-888.html) and I have read that longer screws are required AND that the ones suppled are not black, nor rust proof.

If those statements are true, then I wonder if anyone knows where (I am in Canada btw) I can purchase a variety of stainless steel sized, length and diameter, (black and stainless colour) screws, nuts and bolts that fit our BMW bikes? I have a 2008 R1200RT.

An online order source would be great.

All responses welcome.

Thanks, as always, for your help.

In the US - Lowes and HomeDepot have somewhat extensive supplies of stainless steel metric hardware available. Not certain I'd use it for high-strength applications, but for non-rusting, it's hard to beat stainless. I know of no source for black plated stainless screws.

Don't know if they are in Canada, but Fastenall has SS, Grainger also has anything you want and is online for sure.

Thanks. Both good sources.

Don't know if they are in Canada, but Fastenall has SS, Grainger also has anything you want and is online for sure.

Fastenall is in my city and I can order online too! Great sources. Thank you again.

Back