• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Clearwater Voltage Sentry

I recently purchased and installed the Clearwater Voltage Sentry. Easy to install. I like the fact that it changes color when it notices a change in voltage even when the bike is not running. And shuts itself off. I have been working on the bike installing the Clearwater Darla LED lights and have had the Battery connected and disconnected several times as I slowly work on the bike over the last few weeks. I have not had my bike out for a ride yet this year. I have not even started my bike yet this year. Installed a new battery and Voltage indicator light came on to show state of battery charge. Then shut itself off. Operates with the key off. Takes almost no juice (technical term).

Mark

Thanks!

Thanks for the input Mark. I installed mine today and found that it was easy to install and runs exactly as they describe it. I too like that
it shuts itself off automatically after it doesn't detect activity for 5 minutes. I think this will be helpful in avoiding getting stuck because I
didn't see a dead battery coming. Good luck getting out there this season. Where in Maine?

Anyone here purchased and installed one of these?

http://www.advdesigns.com/clvosecbamod.html

Don't waste your money. A toy!

Check this out (from their site):

Solid Green: Indicates between 12.5 and 13.1 volts. A good charging range.
12.5V to 13.1V is a good charging range? :rolleyes

Slow Flashing Green: Indicates between 13.2 and 14.6 volts. Excellent situation. Your alternator is doing it's job.
It is? Not below 14V it isn't. And 14.6V is too high for most batteries.

All you have to remember is: "GREEN IS GOOD"
yet in the line above that they state...
Fast Flashing Green: Indicates over 14.7 volts. Bad situation. The alternator is overcharging and may damage your battery. Have the alternator and or voltage regulator checked immediately.
Gosh, you think? :rolleyes

That tells me the poor souls that came up with this thing, know nothing about batteries.

God, I wish vendors pawning this crap off would go and get informed before doing so. But their sites do provide a good chuckle.

Nothing like an actual digital voltmeter. So simple! That'll tell you what is really happening.

015%20-%20Datel%20Meter%20-%20Mounted%202-M.jpg

Last edited:
Back