• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

coming up from the south.

layton

Layton
hello all.i'm in ft. smith ar.(northwest corner).we are leaving on the 20th to go to the rally.this will be my first international.if some one from this area is going and want to join us please let me know.i believe there is safety in numbers.we have a novice rider with us so it will probably take us 3 days to get there.we are all on vacation so we are in no hurry.see you all at the rally.

Have you decided on a route yet?

My son and I are planning on leaving from Jonesboro on the 19th, if he can get off work. We are looking at different routes (Tennessee and Kentucky) and have not decided on one yet. If we can't get away till the 20th might try and hook up. Don't see it as more than a 2 day ride (640 miles +/-) though. We will camp on the way.

My wife and I took rt. 23 from Johnson City TN. to Ohio a couple of weeks ago. Much of 23 is new road through KY. We made good time.

glinm said:
My son and I are planning on leaving from Jonesboro on the 19th, if he can get off work. We are looking at different routes (Tennessee and Kentucky) and have not decided on one yet. If we can't get away till the 20th might try and hook up. Don't see it as more than a 2 day ride (640 miles +/-) though. We will camp on the way.

we are probably going to take 71 to springfield mo then 44 to st louis then i think its 70 to indy.we were just looking for more riders.

Staying off the slabs

We plan on crossing northern TN to the Cumberland plateau and heading north on secondary roads through KY and OH. It will be an extra 200 miles, but it should be a great ride.

coming from the south

The routes are too numerous to mention. I can suggest several stops for the trip going either way. The ride up the Trace in Land between the Lakes is nice. Almost due north from there is Henderson Ky. Take the Pennirile Parkway. Henderson was the home of John James Audubon so stop at the JJA museum. His paintings of Birds of America are outstanding. Check out his painting of the Ivory Bill Woodpecker; which has been rediscovered after no comfirmed sightings in 60 years. They were found in delta river bottoms about 60 miles west of were I live.
Another nice stop is the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Ky. If your a history buff Both Jefferson Davis , Fairview and Abraham Lincoln, Hogenville have nice monuments dedicated to them at their respective birth places. Both places are in Ky.
A nice stop in Ohio is the Wright Patterson Air Force museum in Dayton. I like stopping in almost any Ohio town outside the big cities, they all feel villages. I usually stop for at the ice cream shops. Have agreat ride to Beemerville.

US 40 runs parallel to I-70, and has a gagillion less trucks. The trucks on 70 tend to tire you out quicker due to the turbulence.

Back