• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Going beyond colonoscopies...

ljjohns

Since there's now a precedent for exploring such intimate issues, I would, for personal reasons, like to push the boundaries a bit more and inquire about folks' experiences as riders after various treatments for prostate cancer. I'll have to make a choice soon--surgery or radiology--and I'd appreciate some experiential insights into the impact of such therapies on my future as a rider. I recognize that in either case, I'll not be riding for a while, but I'm wondering what the longer term future might be. Appreciate any insights....

Larry Johnson
El Paso TX

Since there's now a precedent for exploring such intimate issues, I would, for personal reasons, like to push the boundaries a bit more and inquire about folks' experiences as riders after various treatments for prostate cancer. I'll have to make a choice soon--surgery or radiology--and I'd appreciate some experiential insights into the impact of such therapies on my future as a rider. I recognize that in either case, I'll not be riding for a while, but I'm wondering what the longer term future might be. Appreciate any insights....

Larry Johnson
El Paso TX
Well Larry, there was quite a nice and informative thread on prostate related issues probably close to 2 years ago. I can't find it (search engine didn't seem to like last Dec. changeover) but from what I remember most was a statement from one of the members that "most men die with prostate cancer- not from it". It seemed the consensus of those afflicted. A close friend of mine had the radiology (very focused) but as it has to pass through other layers of the torso- it did some damage. He (age 75) now has to be real careful of lifting and the strain of lifting as it will cause a "bleeding" episode from the weakened area. The cancer is gone and the PSA number is way down- almost non-existent.
Good luck. Gary

I have had the problem, hopefully it has been corrected. They removed the prostrate 12/8/2011.

In March, PSA showed that I still had some cancer. I then went for 39 radiation treatments. Started in April and went to the end of May.

Last 2 PSA tests show that the number is on the decline.

As for riding, it will only affect you if you have the surgery. An i think only for a few weeks.

A for the radiation I almost every day to the treatment center.

I hope this helps.

If you wish to talk Call me

610-349-4168

Back